Question

Top Student
IBH2014
Message 1 of 4 (143 Views)

Deskjet 3525 doesn't print in black - tried everything

We thought the ink was out so we installed a new (HP genuine!) cartridge. Still didn't print.

We've gone through all the head cleaning procedures.

We called HP support and did everything they said - all those secret diagnostics procedures. But it still doesn't print, so they referred us to service.

The only problem is that the printer is 18 months old, i.e. not under warranty. A technician said it's most likely the printhead, which should cost us almost as much as a new printer, so it's not worth fixing.

Is there any other thing that we can try before it's going to the trash?

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 2 of 4 (126 Views)

Re: Deskjet 3525 doesn't print in black - tried everything

Hi IBH2014,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! :smileyhappy: I see you are experiencing a black ink out issue with your HP Deskjet 3525. You have contacted technical support andwere told you need a new printer.

I appreciate your continued efforts, I have sent you a Private message on the Forums, go to your Userpage to the right of your Username you will see your inbox.

Thanks,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
IBH2014
Message 3 of 4 (121 Views)

It says "You have no private messages."

Top Student
IBH2014
Message 4 of 4 (116 Views)

OK, got it

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation