09-11-2013 06:46 AM - edited 09-12-2013 03:03 PM
Deskjet 460 wbt left/color ink cartridge light is lit. No printing. Replaced with new HP cartridge. Light still lit. No printing. Removed color cartridge/s. Left light went out. Able now to print with black cartridge only.
If I put a color cartridge back in the light comes on again and I cannot ptint. (Tried two different new HP cartridges.)
09-23-2013 08:51 AM
So as you're getting a blinking light on 2 different Tricolor cartridges it's possible the issue is with the printer. Have you tried cleaning the printer carriage contacts?
09-30-2013 01:10 AM
No, I have not tried that.
Can you suggest where I can find info on how to do that?
Thanks for your interest.
09-30-2013 02:03 AM
Take a look at the link below....
Gather the following items to clean the carriage:
- Clean distilled water. Use bottled or filtered water if distilled water is not available. Tap water can contain contaminants that damage the cartridge.
- Clean cotton swabs or any soft, lint-free material that will not stick to the cartridges (coffee filters work well).
10-01-2013 04:00 AM
Thanks for the reply, but, our light for the left cartridge is not blinking. The light for the left cartridge is on when a new HP color cartridge is put in. At that point the printer does not print. We take out the color cartridge and we can prnt with the black only.
10-01-2013 04:36 AM
Ok so if you reckon the cartridge is defective you can contact HP phone support for a replacement. You can first check the warranty ends date...
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- What Is HP Instant Ink?
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Replacing the Printhead for HP Officejet 6500 and 6500A All-in-One Printer Series
- Limited Warranty for HP Ink Cartridges and Customer-Replaceable Printheads for HP Inkjet Supplies