Question

Honor Student
awt3535
Message 1 of 7 (303 Views)

Deskjet 460wbt color ink light lit. No printing. Change to new HP color cartridge. Light still lit.

[ Edited ]

Deskjet 460 wbt left/color ink cartridge light is lit. No printing. Replaced with new HP cartridge. Light still lit. No printing. Removed color cartridge/s. Left light went out. Able now to print with black cartridge only.

If I put a color cartridge back in the light comes on again and I cannot ptint. (Tried two different new HP cartridges.)

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 2 of 7 (269 Views)

Re: Deskjet 460wbt color ink light lit. No printing. Change to new HP color cartridge. Light still l

So as you're getting a blinking light on 2 different Tricolor cartridges it's possible the issue is with the printer. Have you tried cleaning the printer carriage contacts?

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
awt3535
Message 3 of 7 (254 Views)

Re: Deskjet 460wbt color ink light lit. No printing. Change to new HP color cartridge. Light still l

No, I  have not tried that.

Can you suggest where I can find info on how to do that?

Thanks for your interest.

Honor Student
awt3535
Message 4 of 7 (253 Views)

The light was solid lit, not blinking.

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 5 of 7 (247 Views)

Take a look at the link below....

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=ie&lc=en&docname=c01182351

Gather the following items to clean the carriage:

• Clean distilled water. Use bottled or filtered water if distilled water is not available. Tap water can contain contaminants that damage the cartridge.
  • Clean cotton swabs or any soft, lint-free material that will not stick to the cartridges (coffee filters work well).Carriage contacts
Honor Student
awt3535
Message 6 of 7 (238 Views)

Thanks for the reply, but, our light for the left cartridge is not blinking. The light for the left cartridge is on when a new HP color cartridge is put in. At that point the printer does not print. We take out the color cartridge and we can prnt with the black only.

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 7 of 7 (235 Views)

Ok so if you reckon the cartridge is defective you can contact HP phone support for a replacement. You can first check the warranty ends date...

Wty ends dates.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation