Deskjet 6988 printing in green ink only! (141 Views)
Honor Student
marjlo
Message 1 of 5 (141 Views)

Deskjet 6988 printing in green ink only!

Any items sent to my HP Deskjet 6988 are coming out green!  Ink supplies in both cartridges are high; diagnostics come out with perfect color.  I replaced the black cartridge thinking that the current one might be faulty but the same green printing is there.  Any idea why this is happening?  If so, can it be corrected? I haven't had any error messages. Thanx!  

Teacher
jandsbob
Message 2 of 5 (138 Views)

Re: Deskjet 6988 printing in green ink only!

[ Edited ]

How does print preview look? Does it appear okay in preview?

Also how is it hooked up?

Honor Student
marjlo
Message 3 of 5 (135 Views)

Preview is in true colors.  It's wireless.  Thanks for responding...hope you have a solution!

Teacher
jandsbob
Message 4 of 5 (133 Views)

Hmm not really I figured it would be green in preview :smileyhappy:

However, I can make something up that sounds good but is completely inaccurate.

When using wireless you need to make sure that it's the only device using that wireless channel otherwise the interference will filter all the colors but green.

Honor Student
marjlo
Message 5 of 5 (132 Views)

Unfortunately, the printer and laptop are the only things using the wireless and always have been.  This "green thing" just appeared out of the blue (green?) one day about a month ago so 'tis a mystery.  Thanks for thinking on it.  If you have other ideas, I'd love to hear them.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation