12-30-2011 09:42 AM
I have an HP DeskJet F4180 All-in-One device running on a Windows 7 computer. The printer had been working fine for years, but now displys an 'E' in the number of pages spot, and the Color and Black Cartridge lights are both blinking. I have tried to clean the cartridges and the copper contacts but this didn't help. The cartridge carriage appears to slide properly from left to right. In fact, when I tried to print a single page of black text, it would print a small strip of the text before the error occurred, and when I opened the cartridge access door and closed it again, it would print another strip and then give the same error. Doing this continuously did allow me to get the page printed that I needed, but obviously, there is something wrong here.
Please tell me if you have seen this problem before, and what I could do to fix it myself. Obviously, it is no longer under warranty.
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?