Question

Honor Student
vitaminn
Message 1 of 3 (181 Views)

Does L7780 have a CMOS battery? Expired Ink Cartridge / Printer drops offline.

[ Edited ]

Does the L7780 have a CMOS batter anywhere?  I am getting the dreaded "ink expired" message and printer becomes useless.  

Thanks.

ink.JPG

HP Support Agent
Jamieson
Message 2 of 3 (158 Views)

Re: Does L7780 have a CMOS battery? Expired Ink Cartridge / Printer drops offline.

Hi vitaminn, and welcome to the HP Forums.

I understand you are experiencing an expired ink error.  The printer does not have a CMOS battery. 

The first thing I would recommend, would be checking the end of warranty date on the outside of the cartridges.  If any are past that date, I would suggest replacing them.

I would then suggest performing a power reset. Disconnect the power cord from the printer and the power outlet, then wait 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, plug the printer back in. Ensure you plug the printer directly to a wall outlet. Make sure to bypass any sort of surge protector or power bar.

I would also recommend following the steps in this document on A 'Cartridge Problem,' 'Ink Cartridge Failure,' or 'Incompatible Ink Cartridges' Error Message Displ...

Good luck and please let me know the results of your troubleshooting steps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
vitaminn
Message 3 of 3 (144 Views)

Re: Does L7780 have a CMOS battery? Expired Ink Cartridge / Printer drops offline.

Thanks for the ideas.

I replaced the half full ink cartriges with new ones...it works.  It also cost me $50.

"The first thing I would recommend, would be checking the end of warranty date on the outside of the cartridges. If any are past that date, I would suggest replacing them."

I belive they were past date however, as a user and the person who purchased the equipment, it should be my choice to use or not use... if it eff's up the sytem...my doing and my expense.; HP shouldn't force this upon their product users.   I love the warning but, thats all it should be ... not a complet failure of equipment until cartriges replaced.

"I would then suggest performing a power reset. Disconnect the power cord from the printer and the power outlet, then wait 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, plug the printer back in. Ensure you plug the printer directly to a wall outlet. Make sure to bypass any sort of surge protector or power bar."

I had tried that...no joy.

"I would also recommend following the steps in this document on A 'Cartridge Problem,' 'Ink Cartridge Failure,' or 'Incompatible Ink Cartridges' Error Message Displ..."

Those messages weren't being displayed.  It was explicitely an INK is Expired message.

Thanks for your time and effort.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation