Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello Guys, I have recently bought a HP DeskJet 1510 All In One Printer. But the Shopkeeper said me that the Ink of the DeskJet printer gets Dried up if not used once for a week or two. Is that true? If yes is there a way to get back my ink?

I have seen some Diagnostic Option in HP Printer Assistant is that the option?

Please help me. Thank You...........:smileyhappy:

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

The shopkeeper may be right in some ways, dry ink may clog the "jets", but not 1 week. This will require more inks to clean. Please read the following article for more information when getting logged ink cartridges:

http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-an-Old-or-Clogged-Ink-Cartridge-the-Cheap-Way

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
Should not. But do turn off the printer use the power button, so it has a chance to park the cartridge and cap it. If not power down properly, the printhead on the cartridge could get dry and clogged.
**Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Hi HP990

I'd have to agree with Charles. Powering down at the On/Off switch is always recommended as it will ensure the cartridges get capped properly.

The DJ 1510 uses IPH (integrated printheads). They won't 'dry out' if not used for a week. If you happen to run into any print quality issues you can always run a Cartridge Clean using the automated tool, see the link below for details...

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03800862

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended
Yes. How do I get the ink to work again ? I have tried new ink. It will not go into the machine either.
HP Recommended

Mine seems to have.  I cleaned the bottom of the cartridges with a clean soft paper, and it did start to print blue.  I read where using hot water would work, to loosen up the cartridge. I am going to try a hair dryer instead, and clean the ink port with a soft paper towel.  I'll report later if it works.  Not under warranty  anymore anyway. At least it scans Just got it 6 or so months ago, discontinued at target.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Recently got HP Photosmart D5368 printer,  would like to know the ink will get dry if the printer is not used regularly/ long time, if yes, then what is the best way to handle?  also can we keep the catridge outside and use when ever needed. 

Using Black 860 and Color 857

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.