ERROR: RIGHT CARTRIDGE INCORRECT (2513 Views)
Student
Covo37
Message 1 of 4 (2,513 Views)

ERROR: RIGHT CARTRIDGE INCORRECT

I have a psc2175xi, and am getting error messages that say "Right cartridge incorrect" that are rendering the printer/scanner/copier inoperable.  I have only ever used HP C6656A cartridges with this printer, and the last one was more than 1/2 full when I started receiving this message.  After not being able to fix it, I went out and bought another new HP cartridge.  That one printed about 5 times, and is now saying the same thing.  I have unplugged, reinstalled the print drivers, and cleaned the cartridge and connectors to no avail.  I will not pay HP $30 to get this resolved.  I have seen literally thousands of blog messages from people what are having the same problem and saying that HP is scamming end users.  I have a hard time believing this is a scam from such a reputable company, but am at a loss for how to fix this problem.  Can anyone help?

Grad Student
Pontus_N
Message 2 of 4 (2,506 Views)

Re: ERROR: RIGHT CARTRIDGE INCORRECT

Hello Covo37,

First of all make sure that the cartridge is installed correctly and has the protective tape removed. If that is all right check the slot in the carriage where you install the cartridge and make sure that nothing is broken or dirty (for example ink spill). If it's dirty you can clean it with a dampened lint-free cloth or a q-tip or something similar, the best idea is to use cold water to dampen the cloth. This error message could be caused by the printer/carriage not having proper contact with the cartridge.

When you've cleaned the cartridge and the carriage, make sure that the cartridge is installed properly.

You can use this document as a guide/help for this:

https://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bpu05206&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=90815&lang=...

Student
CptnObvious21
Message 3 of 4 (825 Views)

I am having the same problem with my 2175xi - the printer decided to start telling me the right cartridge is incorrect for no reason.  I followed all the directions in the HP document supposed to fix this problem, and have had zero success.

Every single one of the forum requests with this problem have ended in exactly the same way, with a link to THIS DOCUMENT and nothing else.  

Can we get some follow-up here people?  Is there any other solution before I get rid of this printer and go purchase a brand that works?

Thank you for any help you can give.

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 4 of 4 (797 Views)

Hi Covo37,

If the cartridge worked fine for a while then you got the msg, then I'd advise contacting HP phone support as you may need a replacement cartridge. You can first check the warranty ends date of the cartridge via the date lasermarked on the cartridge body...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00206040

Please let me know how you get on

Thanks, Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation