Question

Tutor
john21
Message 1 of 3 (328 Views)

Empty Ink Level Displayed After Installing New HP Cartridge on HP D7260

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

I have an HP Photosmart D7260 printer.  I have alway used genuine HP ink cartridges.  I recently replaced the Cyan cartridge after it ran out of ink however the printer is still showing the cartridge as empty.  I printed the Self test Diagnostic Page and the ink level is shown at 0%.  The ink expiry date is shown as "04/01/2016" indicating that the cartridge is new.

I've tried reseting the printer and reinstalling the cartridge several times.  How can I get the printer to show the correct level for the new full cartridge?  I don't want to buy a new cartridge since this a brand new genuine HP cartridge.  I'm quite sure there is a way to reset the incorrect ink level so please advise.

Serial Number:  [edited]

Firmware Version:  RExxFN0721BR

Please help!

John

Top Student
fishberg
Message 2 of 3 (307 Views)

Re: Empty Ink Level Displayed After Installing New HP Cartridge on HP D7260

I have the exact same problem with a Photosmart 3210 printer.  My brand new light magenta cartridge is not showing up as full and I can't print even black & white!  This is ridiculous.  I hope someone at HP replies to your posting with a solution soon!

Tutor
john21
Message 3 of 3 (276 Views)

Re: Empty Ink Level Displayed After Installing New HP Cartridge on HP D7260

So far I've had no reply from HP.  Currently I cannot print in colour.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation