Question

Top Student
CookiePem
Message 1 of 6 (769 Views)

Error: Incorrect black cartridge installed.

I am running my PC on Widdows 7 64-bit.  My printer is HP PSC 1610 All-in-One.

I have run the solution finder, updated all the software & drivers, and retired many times.  Nothing is working.  It seems like everytime my printer gets a little age on it I get similar problems until I give up and buy a new one.  I think that is the strategy - once the warranty is up you might as well buy a new printer.

Help.

Professor
Daniel_L
Message 2 of 6 (745 Views)

Re: Error: Incorrect black cartridge installed.

Hi CookiePem,

I would suggeest removing the ink catridges, closing the service bay, unplugging the device, and waiting about a minute. Reconnect the power and turn the printer on to see if the error clears. If it does then reinsert the cartridges to see if the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps!
Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Top Student
CookiePem
Message 3 of 6 (732 Views)

Yes, I tried that, and it didn't work.  Thank you for trying to answer and help.

Professor
Daniel_L
Message 4 of 6 (729 Views)

You may want to try this article:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=buu01831&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=390328&tmp_t...

The section regarding cleaning the caps in th printer may be of some help!

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Top Student
CookiePem
Message 5 of 6 (726 Views)

Thank you.  I will try that and let you know if it works.  It will be a few days until I am able to do that but I will respond.  Again, thanks for your help.  Cookie

Professor
Daniel_L
Message 6 of 6 (720 Views)

No problem! Looking forward to getting this working for you. Please post back results. :smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation