Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have a HP Photosmart B210e plus all-in-one printer- Product # CN 219A.  First I had blank pages, then I printed a diagnostic report and it showed all the colors except black.  Then received the above error code.  I have reset the printer, taken out the cartridges and the printhead.  Cleaned the printhead, put in the cartridges, and the error message continues.  At one point also got an error message about the printhead problems, took out cartridges again, printhead again and very carefully replaced the printhead and cartridges, bought a new black cartridge and still get the above error message.  The message about the printhead went away.  Any suggestions now?  I have Windows 7.  I hate to replace the printhead and then find that does not solve the problem.  It was be cheaper to buy a new printer.  Hope I can resolve the problem, as I do like the product.  All of thiis started  about a few weeks after I had installed a 564XL black cartridge.  Could that have been part of the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey b_4,

I see you have an 0xc19a0013 (typically Ink System Failure) code on your HP Photosmart Plus B210.  This normally is an indication of a hardware malfunction in the ink system of the printer, either printhead or internal portion of the ink system in the printer.  

I see you have done much troubleshooting to address this issue.  There is a document that addresses troubleshooting this type of error, however, for the B210.  I would advise checking through and making sure all steps are performed.  The document can be found by clicking here.

If all steps have been performed, then one would have to consider the options at hand.  Is this printer in warranty?

One can check the status of the warranty of their printer by clicking here.

If you are out of warranty, then you still have options at this point.

• One can purchase a printhead from the HP Parts Store using the part number CN642a for the Photosmart Plus B210.  This printhead currently sells for around $70 USD.
  • One can call HP Tech Support about the Upgrade Program.  The upgrade program is where one can obtain a newer model reconditioned HP printer (similar model to current), with a full factory warranty, at a discounted price compared to new retail price.
  • One can purchase a new HP printer from a retailer (this will also have the same full factory warranty).

To contact HP Tech Support:

• If you are a resident of the US or Canada, then the number to dial is 1-800-474-6836.
  • If you are a resident of a different region, then please click here to access the global contact list for HP Tech Support.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey b_4,

I see you have an 0xc19a0013 (typically Ink System Failure) code on your HP Photosmart Plus B210.  This normally is an indication of a hardware malfunction in the ink system of the printer, either printhead or internal portion of the ink system in the printer.  

I see you have done much troubleshooting to address this issue.  There is a document that addresses troubleshooting this type of error, however, for the B210.  I would advise checking through and making sure all steps are performed.  The document can be found by clicking here.

If all steps have been performed, then one would have to consider the options at hand.  Is this printer in warranty?

One can check the status of the warranty of their printer by clicking here.

If you are out of warranty, then you still have options at this point.

• One can purchase a printhead from the HP Parts Store using the part number CN642a for the Photosmart Plus B210.  This printhead currently sells for around $70 USD.
  • One can call HP Tech Support about the Upgrade Program.  The upgrade program is where one can obtain a newer model reconditioned HP printer (similar model to current), with a full factory warranty, at a discounted price compared to new retail price.
  • One can purchase a new HP printer from a retailer (this will also have the same full factory warranty).

To contact HP Tech Support:

• If you are a resident of the US or Canada, then the number to dial is 1-800-474-6836.
  • If you are a resident of a different region, then please click here to access the global contact list for HP Tech Support.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your suggestion but I think I need a service or will buy a new printer as nothing seems to work. I appreciate your help!

HP Recommended
My HP 6500A ink jet printer quit printing after only ten years.  It gave me an error code of 0XC19a0013.  Duh! that meant a lot to me, right?  But I Googled the error code and and found a legitimate HP solution (you have to be careful of fake HP addresses when you Google a problem). 

The solution suggested was to bring about 1 inch of water to a boil, remove it from the heat and soak the print head for 5 minutes.  I did that three times (until no more ink was coming out of any of the four print orifices).  I reinstalled the print head and  four new ink cartridges and, Voile! it worked. 

The printer is back printing just like it was when it was brand new!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.