09-10-2011 12:54 PM
I have a HP Photosmart 8250 and it uses the Vivera 02 Ink system. I love the printer although it seems to be having some issues lately printing half pages over and over again. It doesn't happen often. But the ink has been a nightmare although it has the best printed photos. I went to Target today to buy a cartridge and the 02 ink was gone and two were in the "clearance" area. The manager said 02 cartidges were discontinued in Target stores and they can't order them anymore.
Are the new Photosmart printers and ink systems better? What model?
09-12-2011 02:25 AM
HP printers manufactured for over 5 years will no longer be supplied with accessories (i.e. power adapters, ink cartridges, printhead). So there, unfortunately, there are no more 02 inks that can be supplied. (although it may vary from one country to another)
There are a lot of printers you can check online. Most Photosmart series are all-in-ones (AIOs) like Photosmart C310a, Photosmart C410a, Photosmart B110a, etc. You can also call your local HP sales consultant.
* If this post has helped you, the White Kudos star on the left is a great way to say thanks!
* Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem so other users can benefit as well.
04-25-2013 03:53 AM
I'm not thrilled, I love my Photosmart C7200 series pirnter. But I have been thinking lately about getting one that I can print directly onto CDs with - maybe an Epson Artisan. I hear they are awesone. My C7200 does have a problem with constantly losing the wireless connection and has to be deleted from then reinstalled on my HP laptop. So although I don't really want to purchase another printer, this is as good an excuse as any to do so. Thanks HP for forcing me to switch.
04-25-2013 03:57 AM
May be time to try some of the remanufactured cartridges.......I've always stuck with the OEM product, but when OEM support /supply is no longer available, why not? What's to lose?
10-23-2015 04:17 AM
Just buy the expired ones on eBay they don't go bad for over 10 years as long as someone didn't cook them in the hot FL, AZ, TX, etc. sun. I just stocked up on over $1500 retail value for only $329.00. About 20% of original cost. Not to shabby eh? (don't tell anyone else though and don't drive the price up, be patient and try not to pay more than $3.00 delivered.
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?