Question

Honor Student
lml95123
Message 1 of 4 (219 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP 2300 error "cartridge not intended for use in this printer"

Hello,

I recently refilled  a Black 94 ink cartridge and when I installed it a message appeared: "Black print cartridge inserted now is not intended for use in this printer".  First and only time I have ever had a cartridge reflilled.  How do I get it to work?

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 2 of 4 (207 Views)

Re: HP 2300 error "cartridge not intended for use in this printer"

Sounds like a user related error message. Unfortunately, some machines can detect if the cartridge has been tampered with or refilled. For a variety of reasons, refilling a cartridge is not recommended as it can harm your machine. This error message indicates that the connecting power supply has been damaged and likely the error will remain until a new cartridge is purchased to replace the old one. 

I assure you that while refilled cartridges work a good portion of the time, they have a much higer failure rate as well as factors which can harm the mechanics of the machine permanently. 

Let me know if this is the information you needed! 

-Spencer 

PS have a great weeekend! 

Honor Student
lml95123
Message 3 of 4 (199 Views)

What do you mean "user related error message"?  What "connecting power supply has been damaged"?  I put my old cartridge back into the printer and it works ...

I returned the refilled cartridge this afternoon and got a refund.  I don't need the hassle so I probably won't try refilling again.

Lorraine

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 4 of 4 (180 Views)

Meaning that this kind of error message arises often when the product has ben altered or changed which can lead to defects in the mechanics of the circuitry. As I thought replacing the cartridge is what would remove that message. Additionally, I want to back up the conclusiong you arrived at. Using refilled ink is sometimes not bad for your unit if you get a refilled ink that is close to or is the same forumula that the printer uses, unfortunately most locations use a single ink like a panacea which does not respond well with all units. This can lead to damaging the unit or causing it to malfunction. Many users never have an issue with this, but more often than not I see issues related like this to refilled cartridges. 

I hope this information has been useful to you and I am glad that you are back up and printing! 

-Spencer 

PS I hope you have a wonderful day and a great rest of the week! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation