Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Despite changing the cartridges twice, and always putchasing official HP cartridges, Black will not print! I've gone through and applied everything in the TOOLS tab, but still nothing. This latest incident is with a brand new cartridge and ink levels show full. Help !

Neil

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem. Black cartridge changed twice with genuine HP cartridges, and no faults being shown. And what should I expect? Yep, absolutely nothing printed on the paper so at least I can keep reusing the paper!!! Seriously though, you folk out there especially HP, does my printer now go in the skip to be replaced by a trusty Canon never to purchase an HP again?

HP Recommended

Have you tried a hard reset on the printer yet?

Follow these steps to perform a hard reset.

1. Press the Power button to turn on the product.

2. With the product turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.

3. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

4. Wait at least 15 seconds.

5. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.

7. If the product does not turn on by itself, press the power button to turn it on.

Try that and let me know if it helps!

Best of luck,

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Same problem here.

Printer bought in Nov-2011, so now 6 months beyond warranty periode 😞

Changed Black cartridge => Colors OK, Black NOK

Performed diagnostic: printerhead-cleaning (incl level 3), several times => Colors OK, Black NOK

Venting Black Cartridge => Colors OK, Black NOK

Waiting 'a week' => printerhead cleaning (level 1 and 2) => Colors OK, Black NOK

Now printer thinks my color cartridges are almost empty too; can't be, the problem surfaced after changing

the color cartridges because they were (some almost) empty.

The printer hasn't even printed 800 pages.

Never had such a low-quality printer.

HP Recommended

Count me in 😞

Has anyone had ANY luck to solve the issue with blank black printouts (other than sending their printer for repair)?

I tried all the steps from this and other threads including:

1. full factory reset

2. semi-full reset

3. partial reset

4. checked cartridge venting

5. cleaning of the printing head (several times, consumed tons of ink!!!!)

Some other points:

1. the printer started to give strange clicking noise (loud clicking/knocking) during power on and off procedures

2. the "nest"/mesh where a black cartridge connects to the head is completely clean for the black cartridge - as if never used. On the color ones you can easily see residues of ink, the black is just completely clean. Picture attached.

Any ideas? I hate changing printers and have some stock of cartridges for mine - I don't want a new one :catmad:

Regards,

Gitarzysta

No sign of ink

HP Recommended

Worrying to read all these posts re the missing black printing - I've just got the same thing happen... the same situation - just changed to a new black HP ink cartridge & lost all the black printing...

The only solution I've seen to this is where the printer was left & it then worked later... - hardly a satisfactory answer...

Surely there must be an HP expert who can solve this ? This must by now be a known problem, so all I need to know from HP is either how do you solve this or do I throw the **bleep** thing away...   Oh yes - guess what - I also have bought more new cartridges in case it was a rogue new cartridge...

I'll happily praise anyone who comes up with the solution.

Jim

HP Recommended

@ogjackie wrote:

how do u vent it then as i am having same problem! wanting to throw it through window!!!

Check out the link below for details on checking if the cartridge is vented properly...

Troubleshooting print quality issues

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

Hi gitarzysta, as you're hearing a clicking sound it's likely a hardware problem. I'd suggest contacting HP phone support as you may require a printer replacement.

Can you let me know how you get on?

Thanks

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

It's good to see this post is still active, but all we want from HP - or any HP employee - is a reasonable solution. It's pretty obvious that this is a major common fault. I've gone through all the troubleshooting tests but no joy. I'll try in the morning on the offchance that it corrects itself, but I'd rather be told how to fix this, or if necessary, that it can't be fixed - then I won't waste any more time.

Jim 

HP Recommended

I will have my replacement delivered on the 17th of June.

Although I'm not happy I had the problem I have to admit the support staff was very helpful.

I just hope the "new" 3070A will last longer...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.