03-23-2014 02:01 PM
I have an HP 3521 that I've tried two brand new 564XL black ink cartridges in and neither will print black text. If I print a photo the black ink works. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, updated to the latest firmware, unplugged from the wall and reset the factory settings. I've also done multiple print head cleanings and alignments. Black ink level shows it's good. Is there anything else that can be done, or is this garbage? Thanks.
03-24-2014 03:44 AM
Is the printer within warranty? You can check by entering the serial no. below...
05-14-2014 08:46 AM
Sorry for the delay getting back to you. Even though it's out of warranty I'd advise calling phone support as you may require a replacement. Can you please let me know how you get on?
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?