Question

Student
roboone93446
Message 1 of 5 (899 Views)

HP 5510 Ink Cartridges

When purchasing the 5510 I looked at the box and saw the printer included the print cartridges. However it did not include the cartridgeds listed, it included the " setup cartridges" which include a small amount of ink. I believe this is fraudulent in that the cartridges included were not the ones stated on the box.

What's in the box?

HP Photosmart 5510 e-All-in-One

• Printer • Power cord • HP 564 black cartridge • HP 564 cyan, magenta, yellow cartridges • HP 564 photo cartridge • CD with software • Reference guide

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 5 (891 Views)

Re: HP 5510 Ink Cartridges

How much ink is in the setup cartridge?  How much is in the regular cartridge?  Why do you think the setup cartridges have a small amount compared to the regular cartridges?

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
Teriann
Message 3 of 5 (850 Views)

Bob ----- do you know how much ink is in the setup cartridges?  I just setup my printer today and I'd be curious to know if I need to run to the store and grab another set before I get surprised.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 5 (842 Views)

Teriann wrote:

Bob ----- do you know how much ink is in the setup cartridges?  I just setup my printer today and I'd be curious to know if I need to run to the store and grab another set before I get surprised.

I do not know, but I did weigh a fresh black setup 564 and a black 564 standard cartridge.  The setup cartridge was slightly (~ 2g) heavier.  My suspicion (with no data to back it up) is that the setup cartridge contains the amount of ink of a standard cartridge plus the extra amount that is used for priming the initial setup of the printer.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
ForumUser46
Message 5 of 5 (550 Views)

I bought 564xl, which the HP website says is compatible with the 5510 printer, and clearly this cartridge will not fit.  What a pain. . . .

Why does HP say that the 564xl is compatible with the 5510 (B111a) !? 

What the f*** am I supposed to do with these 4 cartridges now?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation