Question

Student
chola
Message 1 of 3 (176 Views)

HP 5510 print in color but not in Black & White

I have the same problem - 5510 series, new genuine HP cartridges inserted (complete set) and now black ink won't print.  Have tried the hard reset - any chance of the magic private reset details, please?  I'd much rather try those than spend on a new printer.

HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 2 of 3 (129 Views)

Re: HP 5510 print in color but not in Black & White

Hi chola,

I understand you have a Photosmart 5510 that is no longer printing black. I will certainly do my best to assist you with this.

Generally the black not printing is due to a clog on the printhead. The printhead in your particular unit is not removable but you can still follow this Fixing Ink Streaks, Faded Prints, and Other Common Print Quality Problems document as the steps within it should allow you to clear said clog (mainly the clean printhead steps).

Hope this helps, have a great day!!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster :smileyhappy:
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 3 of 3 (82 Views)

Re: HP 5510 print in color but not in Black & White

@chola

Just wondering are you still having this issue? Is the printer in warranty?

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation