Question

Student
dtyler16
Message 1 of 3 (413 Views)

HP 5520 All-In-One black ink won't print

I recently replaced the 564 black cartridge with a new one and noticed that anything that was supposed to print in black either didn't print or came out spotty or very faded looking. Thiking that I had a bad cartridge, I went and got a new one and installed that today - only to have the same problem.

I've cleaned the print heads mulitple times, re-aligned the printer, made sure the vents on the tops of the cartridge are clean, and verified that it's seated correctly in the ink carriage.

I have no idea why this is happening and I'm out $50 in ink so far, which is fast adding up.

Any ideas or potential solutions that I haven't tried?

HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 2 of 3 (380 Views)

Re: HP 5520 All-In-One black ink won't print

Hi dtyler16,

Welcome to the HP forums!

I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues getting your Photosmart 5520 to print black properly, but I'd be happy to have a look into this with you :smileyhappy:

I will recommend that you start with following the steps within this Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages document. That should hopefully clear up the issue for you!

If not though, please let me know whether your printer is still under warranty or not as well as what country you're in and I'll make sure this gets resolved for you! Please feel free to private message me the country information if you don't want to post it on the forums.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster :smileyhappy:
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 3 of 3 (319 Views)

Re: HP 5520 All-In-One black ink won't print

Hey dtyler16,

Just wanted to follow up and see how are things were going. Were you able to get the black printing again?

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance :smileyhappy:

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster :smileyhappy:
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation