Question

Student
BigSir
Message 1 of 2 (761 Views)

HP 564 cartridge PROBLEM!!!

My HP Photosmart Premium Web 309n had an 'Ink Cartridge Problem' per its screen.  It said I had several cartridges to replace and to see the computer for details.  I have a Mac OSX 10.4 on a USB connection with it.  All 'the computer' said was that the cartridges failed.  So... I went and bought a whole new set of (5) AUTHENTIC!! HP 564 cartridges from Staples.  I followed all instructions and replaced ALL the cartridges.  NOW... I have the SAME issue but have to replace ALL THE CARTRIDGES!!!  I could NOT EVEN print a page with the NEW HP (authentic!!!) cartridges I just bought at premium prices!  This is not a cheap printer and it seems HP can't work with HP!  This 'on printer' message prevents anything else from being done with it.  How absurd!  Per the printers automatic update, it has all the latest updates loaded.  Maybe their last update brought my printer to this state.  Thanks go to HP for wasting my time and money on a product they want to have the sole right to control all consumables for!

Has anyone experienced this?  It seems like the printer needs to be reset somehow.  Yes, I've held the start button down and pulled the plug kind of stuff already.

Student
JR141
Message 2 of 2 (755 Views)

Re: HP 564 cartridge PROBLEM!!!

My printer has just decided that the cartridges are incompatible and yet they are HP, bought direct from the HP website. Now I can't do anything with the printer. As I have had so many problems with this printer my next one will NOT be HP!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation