Question
HP 6500 709n printer won't print in black.
Replies (23)

Student
gedboy
Message 21 of 24 (968 Views)

Re: HP 6500 709n printer won't print in black.

Tried the partial rest....black ink now works but printer has a constant paper jam warning with no paper jam.  Never buy HP again!!

Student
venompr
Message 22 of 24 (731 Views)

Thanks for your suggestions. It worked great. Although I was dumb enough to buy a new one from HP when they suggested there was no fix for this issue :-(. HP is not to be trusted. It looks like a common problem. Hope your post will help others. I tried warm water for a few hours and it failed, then I found your post. With nothing to loose I Soaked printer head for two days in CLR. After 2 weeks of research and tryouts, and a new printer purchase. I finally got the **bleep** thing working. Now I end up with two printers. Thanks

Student
washpark
Message 23 of 24 (273 Views)

Have the same problem.  This is just the worst printer and I'm not tecky enough to do this fix.  Will just buy another printer AND IT WONT BE A HP!!!!!  jUST PUT IN NEW INK CARTRIDGES AND WILL LOSE THAT MONEY, TOO. 

HP IS JUST TERRIBLE!!!!

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 24 of 24 (262 Views)

washpark wrote:

Have the same problem.  This is just the worst printer and I'm not tecky enough to do this fix.  Will just buy another printer AND IT WONT BE A HP!!!!!  jUST PUT IN NEW INK CARTRIDGES AND WILL LOSE THAT MONEY, TOO. 

HP IS JUST TERRIBLE!!!!

Hi, do you also have an OJ 6500? Is the printer out of warranty? Have you tried the printhead soak method, and verified the vent area on the black cartridge isn't clogged?

Thanks

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation