HP 6500 (#E709n) Ink System Fail with no error code and cartridge well is a mess (408 Views)
Student
tryan101
Message 1 of 2 (408 Views)

HP 6500 (#E709n) Ink System Fail with no error code and cartridge well is a mess

Have a problem with Ink System Fail error.

Have researched and performed cleaning method described in HP site several times . Did not fix.

Another suggestion is to  to replace print head cartidge holder. Cannot  locate partnumber.

Need help to find partnumber, cost and where to buy this item to see if really worth the trouble to buy if it "may" fix problem.

Printer has other issue in that the cleaning well is very dirty with ink all over inside of this area and dragging ink back on to paper. This is the second HP printer that I have had that gets all dirty in this area. I am not happy with this.

Grad Student
MaryChris
Message 2 of 2 (372 Views)

Re: HP 6500 (#E709n) Ink System Fail with no error code and cartridge well is a mess

There is a document available that has the part number for your printhead and it describes how to do the replacement:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01643079&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=us&dlc=en...

If your printhead is within warranty, you can contact HP to get a printhead replacement kit under warranty.

Not sure about the dirty printer problem. I've never experienced that with my own printers. Are you using genuine HP cartridges? Refills can sometimes leak.

Best of luck,
Mary

{I work on HP's behalf}
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation