05-14-2014 01:03 PM - edited 05-14-2014 01:20 PM
All of a sudden the black ink was not printing. I replaced the 920 HP cartridge, and cleaned the printhead per the instructions. That did not work, so I bought a NEW printhead and installed it. The black ink still does not print. HELP!!! I just spend two hundred dollars on cartridges and a printhead.
Also, tried to align printer, clean cartridges, etc. None of the test pages print black ink. I also have tried several new HP 920 XL black cartridges none of those work either.
05-14-2014 04:07 PM
I just saw your message and I am sending a message to an internal particular contact for this particular issue.
07-04-2014 10:03 AM
If the printer is out of warranty one thing that might be worth a shot is soaking the printhead as described below....
1) Get a pan and put 1/2" of very hot (not boiling) water in the bottom.
2) Next remove all the ink cartridges, then remove the printhead assembly.
3) Gently put the printhead nozzles down in the water and let it soak for five minutes.
4) Remove the printhead and gently dry the electrical contacts.
5) Put the printhead back in the printer and then reinstall the ink cartridges.
Can you please let me know if this works?