Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I've been trying all sugested options for a week or two and got no where. I'm considering binning it and getting another printer. Thanks anyway
HP Recommended
How do I unsubscribe from this forum? I have long-since solved the problem and am repeatedly inundated with emails regarding it.
HP Recommended

@ezierhut wrote:
How do I unsubscribe from this forum? I have long-since solved the problem and am repeatedly inundated with emails regarding it.

As I posted a week ago in this thread:  

The default in this forum is that you will receive email notifications for any threads you have posted in (or subscribed to) when others post in the thread.

For long threads like this one you may want to change the subscription notification settings.  You can do this as follows:  log in to the forum.  Now click on your username in the upper right.  When your profile page opens click on the triangle next to "Resources and Settings" to expand the list, then click on "My Subscriptions".  At this point you can change the notification options from "immediate", "Daily Digest" or "Weekly Digest" in Options or change the threads you are notified about in the "Email Subscriptions" area.

subscriptions.png

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Horay at last.Took the print head off and rinsed with warm water, then dryed with a hair dryer. At first still no joy then I set the printer to clean head once more and hey presto black printing!

HP Recommended

Can you tell me how to opt out of this forum?  

HP Recommended

@LadyIrish wrote:

Can you tell me how to opt out of this forum?  

If you would like to stop receiving emails from this thread see my posts from this morning where I show how to get the the My Subscriptions settings where you can turn off notifications.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

OK, this worked for me, also.  It took each and every step, all the way through soaking the printhead.  How was I supposed to dry it?  Hmmm.  I sort of patted it carefully and blew a little.  Waited the rest of the almost-but-not-quite-30 minutes for it to dry.  

What a hassle.  As though I needed to do that one hour plus fix to run payroll at what is now 11:45 pm!

HP Recommended

HP C309g

All colors great, but no BLACK! Replaced all cartridges, checked the vents, ran print head cleaning process a few times, did printer allign, pulled head, removed cartridges, soaked head in hot water for five minutes, retrurned, cleaned head process again to find same issue. Help!??

HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip, Bob. The print seems to be much better now.

HP Recommended

My 6500 E709a also had this exact fault with Black failure but showing full. Replacing inks did not work. Updating software did not work. This is a low-use printer and under 2 years old. Due to the amount of stock HP 920 ink cartridges I had, I decided to take the E709a printer for recycling and bought a new 6500A... and pray that this new one will work. I shall be keeping less HP ink stock and will never buy or recommend an HP printer again. This is certainly an HP problem (if similar posts on the web amount to evidence) - I feel very let down. We saw Dell quality go down the drain 4 years ago, looks like HP is going the same way.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.