Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Soaking the print head solved the problem. Thank you, Bob. Is there a way to remove and clean the pad under the parked cartridges? It is totally saturated with ink. Even so, the printer is working beautifully now.
HP Recommended

@novicegeek wrote:
Soaking the print head solved the problem. Thank you, Bob. Is there a way to remove and clean the pad under the parked cartridges? It is totally saturated with ink. Even so, the printer is working beautifully now.

It is normal for ink to be in the service station area, it is designed to manage this ink properly.  It is not necessary or desirable to clean this area, you would likely do more damage than good.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended
Thank you. It is good to have this forum available to get help.
HP Recommended

Hey it worked.  I had to eventually soak the printerhead and use up most of the ink in the cartridges through the cleaning process. But that is fine so long as I am able to print in color and not having to replace the  printer head.  Thanks everyone!!

HP Recommended

The printhead  in my printer is not removable.  It is a photosmart 5510 B111

HP Recommended

Weird - All computers - Laptop w/Windows 7, Desktop w/Windows XP and MAC Pro Laptop all using HP 6500 e709a Wireless Printer. Four days ago, after 1 1/2 yrs of use, the PC's do not print black ink. The Mac Pro still works fine. Nothing I print from the PC desktop or laptop prints black ink. I uninstalled and reinstalled printer and drivers on PC's. Downloaded updated driver from HP official web site. Still no black ink for PC computers. Their appears to be no networking problem as all computers print, just the PC's do not print the black ink.omputers Because the Mac Pro computer does print all colors I do not believe it is a cartridge problem, but I changed the cartridge with a new one anyway and the black ink still would not work on the PC's.  Also restored the PC computers to a date ten days previous and no successful PC printing in black.

Help, all suggestions appreciated?????????

HP Recommended

@hsmbam wrote:

Weird - All computers - Laptop w/Windows 7, Desktop w/Windows XP and MAC Pro Laptop all using HP 6500 e709a Wireless Printer. Four days ago, after 1 1/2 yrs of use, the PC's do not print black ink. The Mac Pro still works fine. Nothing I print from the PC desktop or laptop prints black ink. I uninstalled and reinstalled printer and drivers on PC's. Downloaded updated driver from HP official web site. Still no black ink for PC computers.  [snip]

OK, that is a strange one.  My bet would be that the Mac is sending data in a way that makes the printer use color to print rather than using black.  I would suggest printing a diagnostic test as shown in Solution Six here. I would bet that black does not print, the rest of the steps in that document may help resolve the issue.  If not see the post here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I did not try to print for about 5 days after I had contacted the forum,  I was going to contact HP to find out my next option and decided to try printing one more time and the black ink printed.  I did nothing to the printer.  ???

HP Recommended

Thanks, but the additional problem is that all colors including the black ink print fine from the Mac Pro.  Just not any of the PC's. 

HP Recommended

@hsmbam wrote:

Thanks, but the additional problem is that all colors including the black ink print fine from the Mac Pro.  Just not any of the PC's. 

I saw that on your previous post that I responded to.  My guess is the following:

• The printer's black ink is not working.
  • The Mac driver is sending data in a way that causes color ink to be used to print black areas, making it appear that black is working.

A way to check this would be to print the diagnostic page as I described before, this uses the printer's internal firmware to print the diagnostic page.  You could also try making a black copy from the front panel, if my theory is correct it would be blank or nearly blank.  Please try this and post the result, then we can go fronm there.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.