Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
@TPDM1 wrote:

I have an HP Photosmart Plus e-All-in-One Printer -B210a, and the black ink just stopped printing (It printed everything except black), so I replaced the black ink cartridge, and tried again, nothing. Then I tried everything on the 

HP Photosmart Plus e-All-in-One Printer - B210a Troubleshooting page And still nothing. Then I tried soaking the print head in warm water for five minutes as you have posted several times, and now my printer will not work anymore. Now I get an error code (0XC190013) every time I try to print anything. I ran the "clean printheads" function on the printer several times now, and it still will not print anything, it just shows the error message every time. Please tell me how to fix this.

Thanks

The document here may help resolve issues with the error code on your B201a.   If that does not solve the problem then cleaning the printhead electrical contacts as shown in this document may resolve the problem.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

@Bob_Headrick wrote:
@TPDM1 wrote:

I have an HP Photosmart Plus e-All-in-One Printer -B210a, and the black ink just stopped printing (It printed everything except black), so I replaced the black ink cartridge, and tried again, nothing. Then I tried everything on the 

HP Photosmart Plus e-All-in-One Printer - B210a Troubleshooting page And still nothing. Then I tried soaking the print head in warm water for five minutes as you have posted several times, and now my printer will not work anymore. Now I get an error code (0XC190013) every time I try to print anything. I ran the "clean printheads" function on the printer several times now, and it still will not print anything, it just shows the error message every time. Please tell me how to fix this.

Thanks

The document here may help resolve issues with the error code on your B201a.   If that does not solve the problem then cleaning the printhead electrical contacts as shown in this document may resolve the problem.

Hello,

Now I tried various steps on the site you recommended, and now the Ink system failure message has gone away, but my printer still will not print black ink. I've tried running the auto-clean function many times now and that doesn't seem to help at all. I've also tried a couple different ink cartridges and it still does not print black ink. Origionally, it just stopped printing black ink, so I replaced the ink cartridge, and it still didn't print black, so then I attempted the soaking the print head, etc., then I got the ink failure, fixed it, and now I'm back to square one where the printer will print anything but black.
Any ideas?

Thanks

TP

HP Recommended

It worked!! Thank you!

HP Recommended
This is obviously an HP problem--how about it HP a recall?
HP Recommended

I have the very same problem.  mine is still under warrenty, but getting totally frustrated with HP.  I have a photosmart 8510.  I also get the alignment failed message.  They have sent a new printhead to no avail and a refurbished printer also to no avail.  Totally frustrated with the whole thing.  Would like my money back.

HP Recommended
Black cartridge started streaking, then stopped working completely. It showed to be 2/3 full. Tried everything HP suggested on 3 different cartridges (2 from sealed packages) and still nothing printed in black. Forum suggested soaking in warm water. This produced a very faint printout. Bright idea... Slowly added filtered warm water through the fill hole in top. Problem solved. It worked the first time. I suspect these cartridges dry up over time in storage, even in the sealed packaging.
HP Recommended

Many thanks for the tips, unfortunately they don't yet work. I have not yet removed the printhead and cleaned it, that's today's task.  Hopefully that will work.  In preparation for this task I will obtain this morning a full set of new cartridges on the out chance that the black ink cartridge(second one tried) is defective.

I will reply after cleaning the printhead.

HP Recommended
oMG it worked..i had tried everything! soaking for 5 minutes in very hot water worked!!! thank you!!!
HP Recommended

Changed black ink cartridge on HP6500 709a and printer is stating "not connected to computer".  The problem is that a blank page is coming out of the printer when the print command is given. So it must be connected. Do I have a defective cartridge?

HP Recommended

JLandon:   i tried EVERTHING yesterday to no avail..until...i took the print head and got a pie pan with a paper towel in the bottom and put VERY HOT water (2 inches deep) . Soaked for 5 minutes. If you still see "glumps" of ink on the bottom of print head, gently take a qtip and loosen them up in the hot water. dry gently ....i went ahead and used the "clean print head" function before printing a page and it worked! i was so frustrated but it really worked!

hope it goes well for you!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.