Question

Teacher
DaleBr
Message 441 of 458 (1,494 Views)

Re: black ink not working

Aother thought:

Prior to having this problem. we had to uninstall/install the FULL HP driver software.

The HP Solution Center software was not working with our HP wireless  printer (C309g). 

We had installed a new gateway to replace our router, and modem which went bad.

The above process involved having to setup the driver so that the wireless printer would

be reconized by the gateway, then re-setup the laptop with a new printer driver, so that

the  laptop woul be recognized by the gateway, so that the wireless printer would be

recognized by the wireless laptop, via the gateway.

Afterwards, the HP Solution Center was working fine with our wireless laptop & printer.

The "not printing black" problem started about 2 days later.

-DaleBr

Intern
stestardi
Message 442 of 458 (1,480 Views)

Re: blank ink not working

I had the same problem (soaking the printhead 3 times did not work), so I requested a new black cartridge from HP, and that did the trick.

Teacher
DaleBr
Message 443 of 458 (1,467 Views)

Hi:

Thanx for your reply.

I found this video on YouTube.

It is for a different HP model printer (than the C309g), but the technology looks the same.

It may be useful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OjJDeRuJ10

-DaleBr

Student
AZHTfreak
Message 444 of 458 (1,311 Views)

[ Edited ]

Mr. Headrick,

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU! Followed your "10 minute Hot Distilled Water" soak directions. WORKED LIKE A CHARM!

20,000 pages over 5 years through an L7590 with #C9381A (YK) & #C9382A (CM) printheads. Lost the Cyan & Yellow, 1/2 of each head.

Total COST = $0.97 for the distilled water plus 30 minutes of my labor. Beats $120 for new printheads!!!

FYI, with these printheads, use 3/4" deep water and set them in vertically so only the nozzles are in the water.

Student
Murph14
Message 445 of 458 (1,272 Views)

Brilliant!!! It worked perfectly. Thanks so much!!

Student
ge-sa
Message 446 of 458 (1,230 Views)

Thank you!!!! This printer wasn't even 2 years old! This solution works!!!

Honor Student
jmnewman
Message 447 of 458 (1,120 Views)

Well, I did all this, replaced everything and the machine doesn't work.  It reports "Ink System Failure", with this error code.   Oxc19a0041

I cycled the machine off and on about 5 times and each time it reports this same error.

What next step might you suggest?

Honor Student
krshepherd
Message 448 of 458 (1,036 Views)

Hi.  I stumbled on this thread while trying to find a solution for my Photosmart B210a.  It prints color fine, but after trying 2 new black cartridges & cleaning printhead, it still won't print black ink and now gives me "Alignment failed" message.  THEN I tried to copy in black and found that it copies in black just fine.  I have reintsalled the driver 2 times...Other ideas???

Honor Student
krshepherd
Message 449 of 458 (1,033 Views)

jmnewmann -- did you get an answer?  I'm having the same issue with my B210a.  Copies in black just fine, but won't print in black.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 450 of 458 (1,028 Views)

krshepherd wrote:

jmnewmann -- did you get an answer?  I'm having the same issue with my B210a.  Copies in black just fine, but won't print in black.

The copy may be using color ink to make black.  I would suggest you do the troubleshooting steps in this page, if that does not resolve the issue see the solution posted in this thread.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation