Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a photosmart premium C309g-m and it just stopped printing black.  Tried cleaning and still nothing.  Tried 2 new cartridges, nothing.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

HP Recommended

@nworking wrote:

I have a photosmart premium C309g-m and it just stopped printing black.  Tried cleaning and still nothing.  Tried 2 new cartridges, nothing.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

The following has worked for some folks:  get a pan and put 1/2" of very hot (not boiling) water in the bottom.  Next remove all the ink cartridges, then remove the printhead assembly.  Gently put the printhead nozzles down in the water and let it soak for five minutes.  Remove the printhead and gently dry the electrical contacts.  Put the printhead back in the printer and then reinstall the ink cartridges.  If this does not resolve the issue then you will likely need a replacement printhead.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

We only have this printer (HP PhotosmartPlus Series B209) for about 3 month and we changed the ink cartridges and this printer is not printing anything but maybe 2-3 lines and thats it. We just dont know what else to do. I need this to print out maybe 2 -4 sheets of work in a week and thats all we use it for. Getting very upset with this new printer

HP Recommended

:OpenSmile: We did the soaking of ink head in the hot water. Changed the water 3 times and then dried it real good and it worked....................Thank you so much.

HP Recommended

I have new cartridges in my printer, have turned the printer on and off and reinstalled the software for the printer...and I still cannot get any black ink printing. The printer prints as if its out of ink...which it isn;t .  HELP!  jOSAM

HP Recommended

I want to try to soak my printhead like you suggested. How do you remove the printhead from the printer? I have a photosmart premium c310.

HP Recommended

I tried this and it didn't help.  I have an HP Photosmart 2575 AIO printer.  Since upgrading to Windows 7(32) and changing my drivers the black ink cartridge doesn't seem to be working.  I have tried a number of cartridges so I'm certain that it's not a cartridge problem.  My suspicion is that there is something wrong with the new W7 driver from HP.

I just wish I could find a way to get HP to respond to this issue. 

HP Recommended

@simonrussell100 wrote:

I tried this and it didn't help.  I have an HP Photosmart 2575 AIO printer.  Since upgrading to Windows 7(32) and changing my drivers the black ink cartridge doesn't seem to be working.  I have tried a number of cartridges so I'm certain that it's not a cartridge problem.  My suspicion is that there is something wrong with the new W7 driver from HP.

I just wish I could find a way to get HP to respond to this issue. 

The procedure described here applies to the products like the Photosmart B309 and B209 and similar that have a separate removable printhead.

For your 2575 I would suggest you try making a black copy.  Does this work?  If not the issue has nothing to do with the drivers, copies are made without the computer.  

This is a user to user forum.  If you want HP to respond you will need to Contact HP.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

There's a lever that you have to lift up. 

HP Recommended

Thank you.  This wash procedure worked.  This is my second C310.  C310 #1 failed so I returned it to Office Depot and got another one (been using HP printers for years with no problems until recently)  I replaced it because the 2355 suddenly stopped working with "printer alignment" issues. 

Clearly HP has turned a new chapter with its printers and support. 

Thank you for being the one bright spot. 

TC

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.