Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This worked on the HP Photosmart B209C.  Awesome!!!

HP Recommended

this is a new Photosmart Prem C310...it worked when new 3 weeks ago.  We don't use it often.  Now does not print...ANYTHING

paper just processes through.    I just purchased a new black cartridge...still does not print in any color.  Took out all cartridges and cleaned heads with moist Qtips...nothing still.  Remarkably frustrating.

HP Recommended

Concerning the HP 7000 wide format printer: I solved my own problem.

I removed the printhead once more and noted that the gold contacts were dirty. Using a fine pencil eraser, I cleaned the contacts, and the printer is working fine.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my HP Officejet Pro L7590. I have replaced the black & yellow printhead 3 times now with very limited success. Each time I replace the printhead the printer works fine and then after a week or two the black ink suddenly starts to fade with white lines and then the printer stops printing in black altogether. When I perform a print quality diagnostic page the coloured blocks print perfectly but the black does not print at all. Please help as I refuse to replace the printhead again as I am sure the same problem will reappear.

James

HP Recommended

my printer is office jet 4400 - i am having a similar problem i have ink but cannot get printer to print anything just in black - what do i do

HP Recommended

I have been w/o printer for 4 days and cannot seem to get any results from your staff. am at a loss as to what to do and

am wishing I had stuck with Dell when I bought new equipment. No answers is a real pain in the BUTT and being unable to print is a double pain. SOS

HP Recommended

I HAVE A HP DESKJET 3820,ERROR MESSAGE SAYS BLACK INK CART.IS NOT CORRECT.IT IS A HP15.OLD ONE STILL WORKS,BUT IS LOW.

HP Recommended

Unit had worked fine for six months. I have only used HP ink.

Colors appear to operate fine. No black.

Office Depot tech said print head was bad and to get replacement form HP

HP Recommended

The same thing is happening  with my C309a. I have burned through three black 564 XL cartridges in two days. As a test, I printed the same number of forms using an old Canon iP2600; I am still printing with the same Canon printer cartridge. In addition, the wireless connection doesn't work properly. After the initial two hour software install, the system worked for a couple of days, then everything changed. I tried to print and was informed that there was no driver installed on my HP computer. I opened the control panel and the software was installed. I won't waste your time, as HP has wasted mine, with details. However, I have been instructed seven time that I need to re-install the software. Seven times the same thing happens. Now the scanner has stopped working and the fax doesn't work. Normal Customer Support refuses to assist me because my case has been escalated to a different level of technicians who's specialty is coming up with different excuses as to why thing are not working. So far I have been told that the problem is not the printer, it is the software. I believe the software was manufactured by HP. I was also told that my AT & T gateway was causing the problem. I had AT & T replace the gateway (AT & T has great customer service). AT & T told me it was not the gateway; they were correct. Then I was told it was a Microsoft problem. Microsoft simply asked a simple question, does the side of the printer box say that it will work with Windows 7? Want to hear my other HP problems; sometimes I can print with a USB cable; the printer will lock up and freeze. The power button doesn't work and I have to unplug the thing to get it to work again. Then a pop up informs me that I am stupid because I didn't shut the printer down correctly. When I can get a scan connection I am thrilled, however, the first sheet of paper usually stops half way through. Again, the printer locks up. I emailed the HP Board of Directors demanding a replacement or a refund; 48 hours have passed with no response. Most of the HP employees don't know that HP has a new CEO; they refuse to give me a phone number to the CEO or CFO. My average hold time with tech support is 1 hour. They also claim they can't make out bound calls; the phones must work differently in India.

I have found a solution to all of these problems; I purchased an EPSON printer. The software installed in 22 minutes, it prints, scans, and faxes, through a wireless connection.

Through all of these problems I am not angry at HP. I guess the two HP lap tops sitting in the corner of my office with fried mother boards desensitized me to problems with HP products.

I am not associated with AT & T or EPSON. I do like to promote companies that do a good job and put out a good product. If HP would stand behind their product, they would be promoted. I hope they change their ways.

HP Recommended

@garyhenry wrote:

I HAVE A HP DESKJET 3820,ERROR MESSAGE SAYS BLACK INK CART.IS NOT CORRECT.IT IS A HP15.OLD ONE STILL WORKS,BUT IS LOW.

Clean the cartridge contacts as shown here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.