Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a Photosmart C6180 and my yellow (02) ran out and not one of the three new ones I tried works. Also it will not print in black either.  What can I do??

HP Recommended

I have a C309g that is having issues printing black also.  When I print, every second or third line will not print.  For example, if I print the "printer status report:", you will see item #1, #2, and #3 will not show.  The entire line will be blank.  That carries all the way through the document. 

I have already done the following:

1.  Cleaned the cartridges - probably 5 times.

2.  Replaced the 564XL cartridge with a new one.  (With the previous cartridge the issue was much worse.  The new cartridge does the every thrid line.)

3.  Inspected the cartridges for vent issues.

Thoughts?

HP Recommended

@ktjones wrote:

I have a C309g that is having issues printing black also.  When I print, every second or third line will not print.  For example, if I print the "printer status report:", you will see item #1, #2, and #3 will not show.  The entire line will be blank.  That carries all the way through the document. 

I have already done the following:

1.  Cleaned the cartridges - probably 5 times.

2.  Replaced the 564XL cartridge with a new one.  (With the previous cartridge the issue was much worse.  The new cartridge does the every thrid line.)

3.  Inspected the cartridges for vent issues.

Thoughts?

This would typically be caused by an electrical issue with the printhead.  I would suggest removing the printhead and cleaning the gold contacts on the printer and the printhead.  Instructions for removing the printhead can be found in Step 2, items 1-5 of this link.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Looks like that did the trick.  Thanks for the help!

HP Recommended

I tried everything else suggested on this forum...I was leery, but desperate enough to try soaking it as you suggested it..... Entirely brilliant!!!!   After doing a first and second level cleaning it is back to working again....  Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

HP Recommended

Soaking & cleaning resolved the problem of  black ink not working. (HP6500)  ALOT of ink came out during soaking and then during printhead cleaning...  brand new cartridges went from full to nearly empty.   Now when I'm printing anything other than text, i.e. a jpg, even if set up for b/w printing, the image prints in green.  Have brand new black cartridge so it's not low.  Any thoughts?

HP Recommended

Officejet Pro L7680About every 2 cm, lines are not printed in black, but colour printing is ok. Two new printer heads and 4 new ink cartridges have already been installed. The programmes 'cleaning of printer heads' and 'calibrating lines' have been run repeatedly, all without success. Can anybody help? Thanks.

HP Recommended

The soaking solution appears to have worked for my C6380 which would not print black.  i was ready to buy a new printer, but I now see black!!  Thank you!

HP Recommended

Thank you Bob. You are a gentleman and a scholar. I've registered just to give you my thanks and kudos. For everyone else: I have a 6500 e709n and it would eject blank pages (would not print black). I soaked it twice in hot water and dried it thoroughly and viola! It works like new. 

Cheers!

HP Recommended

Thank you so much.  This last fix finally did it.  I had to do a couple of cleanings and secondary cleaning.  All of my new photo ink cartridges are now empty but the black is finally working so I will gladly buy more.  Much cheaper than taking it in to be fixed.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.