Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are awesome.  The printer works, including the black ink, from all computers after cleaning the print heads.  Thanks so much.  Hugh

HP Recommended

i tried the soaking in hot water method to get my black to start printing on my HP Photosmart Plus B209a. Now i get and Ink System Failure error:

0xc19a0013

with instructions to turn the printer off and back on. I've done this 3x and still get the error.

any suggestions?

thanks

HP Recommended

@plenoard wrote:

i tried the soaking in hot water method to get my black to start printing on my HP Photosmart Plus B209a. Now i get and Ink System Failure error:

0xc19a0013 

with instructions to turn the printer off and back on. I've done this 3x and still get the error.

any suggestions?

thanks 

The troubleshooting steps in this page may help resolve the issue.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I tried it again this morning and it's printing fine. Looks like the soaking solution worked. Perhaps there was still some moisture that was preventing a good connection.

thanks for the help!

HP Recommended

Your prescription works..You saved me $140 for a new printer! Thanks!

HP Recommended

Okay, I cleaned the printer head in 1.5" of very hot water for 5mins. Did a clean cartridge 5X and did a Quality Report 5X's all reports came out lousy. This printer is only 14months old and I replaced the cartridges 2 months ago with HP parts from Office Depot. HELP

HP Recommended

OK, I think I tried everything to get black to print and I think I exhausted my options. 

1. Cleaning per instructions on HP support and this forum, 2. changed out to new ink cartridges (all of them), 3. bought a new printhead from HP directly and still no luck.  4. rest, unplug, power off, held # and the number 3 down when powering on printer, etc.

Anyone else have any other ideas?

HP Recommended

Have 6500 officejet.  Printing worked fine in yesterday afternoon.  Printed several pages black, no problem, no streaking.  Last night, black didn't work, even though level showed 1/2+.  Tried few things.  Replaced black cartridge.  Still problem. 

Found your soaking solution.  Tried, but didn't work.  Tried again.  Looks fairly clean now, but still had some black & pink ink drain when put on clean paper towel to dry.  Suggestion?  I put back in printer to try, so assume more ink is there. 

Each time I return printhead and ink to printer get several error messages.  paper jam, then printhead failure, something else.  It tells me to cycle power.  Seems to reset itself and run alignment.  That page prints the cyan, yellow, magenta blocks, then blue alignment, but no black.  Has new black cartridge.

Any more suggestions?

HP Recommended

I have done everything as well.  New cartridge, soaked in water, alcohol (for me and the printer), ran under water, etc.  All of the color cartridges work fine, but the black still won't print.

Any additional ideas?!?!?

HP Recommended

Bob, you're awesome.  Worked first time, following your steps faithfully.  I was just about to junk this and possibly buy an Epson out of frustration.  Thanks for helping me stick with HP.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.