Question

Student
jackburklund
Message 1 of 5 (1,020 Views)

HP 6500 print head problem.

Please help! My HP 6500 All in One will not print in black. I've put in multiple new ink cartridges.  I've put in a new printhead which worked for a short time.  I've cleaned the print head and that worked for a short time.  Now, the printer won't  print black at all.

Honor Student
WaryUser
Message 2 of 5 (959 Views)

Re: HP 6500 print head problem.

Have HP Officejet 6000 E609n, black cartridge does not print at all, ran both HP Print and Hardware diagnostic untilties and both came out fine, did not find any problems, have run Align and Clean printhead utilities repeatedly and black does not print.......checked cartridges and all four show as having plenty of ink, replaced the black cartridge anyway (not blocked, all tabs were removed) and it shows as having full ink level so utilities 'see' the cartridge.....re-ran all diagnostic utilities and clean/align several times more and still doesn't print black, properties for printer are set for color - not for greyscale....can't find part number for printhead and no purchasing information on the HP support website - have been at this since about 7 AM and I'm ready to hand the printer to neighbor for a boat anchor........no longer under HP warranty...........HELP, PLEASE!

Student
jets
Message 3 of 5 (947 Views)

I have the issue with the black not printing. I did what you have done except replaced the black cartridge. I did soak the printhead in alcohol with limited success.

Is the printhead broken when this occurs?

Honor Student
WaryUser
Message 4 of 5 (943 Views)

Thank you for your response - printhead appears to be ok - I just took the printer out of the box a few days ago and set it up (had it for several months as present for someone else who didn't need it so I kept it and now need it to replace my much older HP)

I have confirmed that it is properly installed on my laptiop, the color cartridges print just fine.  With the black cartridge,  at best I may get a very very faint print from the black cartridge that comes out looking like a light navy blue shade and I have to look very closely at the page to see it.........after the original black cartridge didn't print, I bought a new black cartridge and replaced the original - no success.   The printhead looks to be okay - the diagnostics for ink levels sees the black cartridge and reports it back as full.....................there is no tape or anything covering the contacts for the black cartridge....................will try the alcohol on a swab and see if that does it.................I'm not optimistic..........................

Student
daggett
Message 5 of 5 (112 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6500

My new large black 720 XL stopped printing after very limited use.  Other colors work ok.  Have tried head cleaning, disconnecting power etc. to no avail.  Also tried another new black cartridge but it didn't work.  Next steps??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation