Question

Student
tarynrosemary
Message 1 of 7 (112 Views)

HP 6515 Printer is printing in a faint grey color

My HP printer is about a year and a half old and I am not entirely sure if it is under warranty. I am having an issue with the printer because instead of printing in black ink it is printing in a very faint grey color. I replaced the ink cartridge today thinking this would fix the issue but the printer continued to print in the light grey color. I have checked the printing settings on my computer to ensure that I was not printing in greyscale and even attempted to print a document (in black ink) under the best setting for printing but with each attempted print I found the same grey ink. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 2 of 7 (85 Views)

Re: HP 6515 Printer is printing in a faint grey color

Hello @tarynrosemary and welcome to the HP forums!

I'm sorry to hear your Photosmart 6515 hasn't been printing properly, but I will certainly do my best to assist you to hopefully get it printing properly again :smileyhappy:

I will recommend that you begin with following through this Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages document. That will help determine if it's the computer or the printer that's causing the issue. If at the end of that, the printer continues printing in light grey as opposed to black please let me know if the printer is in or out of warranty and what country you're in. Feel free to private message me the country information.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster :smileyhappy:
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
Joanus
Message 3 of 7 (43 Views)

I am having the same problem and my printer is no longer under warranty.  I am in the US.

Top Student
Joanus
Message 4 of 7 (42 Views)

PS: I have tried all suggested solutions.

HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 5 of 7 (40 Views)

Hello @Joanus and welcome to the HP Forums!

Thanks for providing that information up front, I just need you to confirm which model HP printer you have please :smileyhappy:

Hope to hear back from you soon!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster :smileyhappy:

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
Joanus
Message 6 of 7 (30 Views)

Model CQ762A

Thanks.

HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 7 of 7 (24 Views)

Thanks for the reply and the information Joanus!

With that, I am going to send you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages this post, has instructions :smileyhappy:

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation