Question

Honor Student
eye-spye
Message 1 of 4 (239 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP 7500A diagnostic page shows 3 colour bars

Product Name: HP Officejet 7500A Wide Format Model 910A

Operating system: Mac OSX 10.9.2

When I print a report of the ink status on this printer it shows 3 horizontal bars with various amounts  of Yellow, Magenta and Blue in black brackets, and one pair of bracket with no colour in the middle, which I think should be showing black. All 4 cartridges are new, except they've been getting run down due to the test pages I've been required to print to resolve my problem:  Black text gives no image. However the aforemetnioned brackets are in black.  The "Print Quality Report" only shows yellow, magenta, and blue, with the exception of the black brackets, as described above.  Ink guage shows all cartridges at 100% full, except red at about 75%. Aligning the printhead results in the Error message" Alignment Failed. Refer to device documentation for details," and produces a sheet with only blue ink on the page. All other colours are missing.  The printhead was replaced last August, and it appears that it must be replaced again. Does any-one have a better solution?  THANKS!

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 4 (228 Views)

Re: HP 7500A diagnostic page shows 3 colour bars

The document here may help resolve black not printing on your Officejet 7500a printer.  (For the test page the black brackets are actually printed by mixing the color ink.  The alignment page should have cyan and black.)  If the above does not resolve the issue the post here may help.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
eye-spye
Message 3 of 4 (221 Views)

Thanks Bob. I will follow through and post back on line.

Honor Student
eye-spye
Message 4 of 4 (203 Views)

Thansk Bob. The problem is resolved. I found it necessary to do a forced reboot of the printer twice in order to get a reasoanbly clear image. Then three or passes of cleaning the print head plus an alignment gave me a pretty good print quality. (I still have a streak though oneline of fonts, but I can live with that for the moment.)  A new print head is on the way. THANKS again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation