Question

Honor Student
vbeaton
Message 1 of 2 (715 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP 7510 Photosmart printing blank pages

I'm trying to print a black and white paper document and all of my cartridges are full except the photo cartridge.  I don't see why I would need to have a full photo cartridge in order to print something that is not a photo and don't really want to go buy a new photo cartridge until I need one.  Why would the printer not use the black ink that is in there instead of the photo black ink??

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 2 of 2 (696 Views)

Re: HP 7510 Photosmart printing blank pages

This printer takes individual ink cartridges (IIC) those printers cannot function with ink missing as that could cause damage to the printhead. Ink is used throughout the printer for other uses that go beyond printing, such as for maintenance purposes.   One can adjust print settings to print in gray-scale or black ink only prior to a cartridge running out of ink.  For more information on ink is used by the printer, I would look at this article here. 

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation