Question

Honor Student
jmd5429
Message 1 of 6 (832 Views)

HP 7515 Photosmart printer

I purchased a HP 7515 Photosmart printer from BJ's wholesale club for approximately $300.00.  After very minimal use, less than an hour, an error message appeared on the screen of the printer indicating that the print head was bad.  I called HP and was told I needed a replacement print head and color cartridges.  After spending more than an hour on the phone and cleaning the entire printhead, HP agreed to send me a replacement print head.  I paid for expedited shipping as I need my printer on an everyday basis.  After receiving and replacing the printhead and ink cartridges the printer still had the same error message.  After another call to HP, I was told that they would send me a replacement printer. Upon receipt of the refurbished printer I found that they had sent me a HP 7510.  This model is considerably less expensive than the 7515.  I again called HP and they assured me that if I repackaged the HP 7510 and sent it back they would send me a 7515 right away.  After no less than 6 calls from HP and no HP 7515 shipped to my home, I was told that the 7510 printer is the same as the 7515 printer.  To date I still do not have a replacement 7515 printer.  I was told that HP does not service printers-but they are sending me a refurbished printer? Didn't somone have to fix that one?  Bottom line, don't buy an HP printer.  Their service is horrible and their reps do not know when or what they have shipped.  After 3 weeks, I have no printer. 

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 6 (826 Views)

Re: HP 7515 Photosmart printer

Hi,

For more confusions, HP also has a printer model called 7520 and another day user asked for how to check the differences between 7510 and 7520 ! And yes, if you look the manuals for the 7510 & the 7515 they are the same even the models are the same: which is C311a.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&document=&product=5096404

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&document=&product=5070121

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
jmd5429
Message 3 of 6 (824 Views)

Printer looks identical, price is almost 150.00 more dollars and sitting side by side at store. No difference at all? Internet price is about 150.00 in price difference on the same site. Im not an expert but the 7515 is a newer model with more software. So thats not different?
Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 6 (805 Views)

Hi,

Could be more software but techinally they are the same from the BOOKS. Did you look at the links ? Users have to pay more for software for what !.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
jmd5429
Message 5 of 6 (801 Views)

I did look at the specs. And I am uncertain of the added extra software due to I am at work. I am certain I am unhappy that hp can not repair my 7515 due to they don't service there printers nor do they stand behind there product to satisfy there customers. If you pay for a top model product and it fails you would expect a company like hp to back that product up and fix, repair or replace that product with the same model. Not to replace it with a product that literally cost half of what I spent for my Photosmart 7515. That would mean for every 7515 that fails and HP replaces your product with a product that has been refurbished and cost half of what people spent. To me that sounds like a very lucrative profit for someone's pocket.
Provost
banhien
Message 6 of 6 (798 Views)

Hi,

That's true. As I said above, I'm not talking about the cost and the marketing ploys but technically on paper. They may came out from the same factory in China (I've checked my printer), same cost but selling for more because that makes people happier when pay higher prices.

Good luck.

BH
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation