Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HI

Can anyone tell me How to replace Printhead on this machine?

Thanks Andy

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello cucuklotz,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you are looking to replace the printhead for the Officejet 7610. There are two way, if the printer is in warranty you can call our Phone Support. If the printer is out of warranty, you can check the HP Parts Store to place an order.

You can contact us at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region, click here.

Checking the part availability at the Part Store is done here:  http://partsurfer.hp.com/

Cheers,

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

HI

Thanks for reply.I have the printhead,Im just looking for instructions on How to replace it in machine,

Thanks Andy

HP Recommended

Are you meaning the ink cartridges, while looking for a guide on how to do this, I see that the printhead is not removable.

Let me know.

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
No.the print head.i service printers but I just wat to make sure I cam take apart without damaging anything else.Thanks Andy
HP Recommended

Hi Andy, just FYI the printhead in this printer is considered to be a non-replaceable part. You might end up causing damage if you try taking it out. There are other printers that have removable printheads, and these have levers at the side making them easy to take out....

Hope this helps, Ciara

Printhead with latch compared to without latch.jpg

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

Ciara or whatever your real name is - please answer the question. The poster is a trained HP serviceman. Provide the part number for the replacement printhead, and a service manual or other instructions on the proper procedure to replace the part. Not the entire printer. Not the ink cartridges. Not a referral to other printers that DO have replaceable heads (and why doesn't HP list this in product specs - after FOUR printers that 'fail' with 'missing or damaged printheads' at very low volume and no support from HP, being able to replace the heads is important.

If you can't answer the question, escalate this to the product manager for officejet printers in Palo Alto.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.