Question

Student
jttw
Message 1 of 2 (106 Views)

HP 8600 Officejet Pro

I have been having trouble lately getting the error that the printhead is missing and it also says there is a problem with the printer or ink system.  It give the troubleshooting tip to remove and then put it back in and turn the machine off and then back on.  I have done this multiple times without success, I also replaced all the cartridges which were replaced recently, and still no success.  What do I need to do now?  Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.  

HP Support Agent
JERENDS
Message 2 of 2 (70 Views)

Re: HP 8600 Officejet Pro

Hello jttw,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see you have been attempting to clear an error on the Officejet 8600, either missing printhead or ink system failure. The steps on the printer front display provide a good base for troubleshooting, I have been able to locate the complete steps.

These HP documents: A 'Missing or Failed Printhead' Error Message Displays on the Printer after Installing a New Printhe... & A 'Printer Failure' Message That Might Include an '0x610000f6' or '0x61xxxxxx' Error Code Displays o... are your best chance at clearing the error.

I hope they help, reply back if you are in need of more help.

Thanks for posting, :smileyhappy:

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation