HP 8600 Officejet Pro (81 Views)
Student
jttw
Message 1 of 2 (81 Views)

HP 8600 Officejet Pro

I have been having trouble lately getting the error that the printhead is missing and it also says there is a problem with the printer or ink system.  It give the troubleshooting tip to remove and then put it back in and turn the machine off and then back on.  I have done this multiple times without success, I also replaced all the cartridges which were replaced recently, and still no success.  What do I need to do now?  Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.  

HP Support Agent
JERENDS
Message 2 of 2 (45 Views)

Re: HP 8600 Officejet Pro

Hello jttw,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see you have been attempting to clear an error on the Officejet 8600, either missing printhead or ink system failure. The steps on the printer front display provide a good base for troubleshooting, I have been able to locate the complete steps.

These HP documents: A 'Missing or Failed Printhead' Error Message Displays on the Printer after Installing a New Printhe... & A 'Printer Failure' Message That Might Include an '0x610000f6' or '0x61xxxxxx' Error Code Displays o... are your best chance at clearing the error.

I hope they help, reply back if you are in need of more help.

Thanks for posting, :smileyhappy:

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation