Question

Top Student
Nacre
Message 1 of 10 (606 Views)

HP B210a (Win7, new in carts) no longer prints black ink after the latest software up(down?)grade.

My HP B210a is failing to print black ink. There are new cartridges, and everything checks out fine. I just downloaded the new software for the printer, which was when the problem started. Now I need either to (a) get a fix for the problem, or (b) get back my old printer software, which worked.

Honor Student
da_eggert
Message 2 of 10 (557 Views)

Re: HP B210a (Win7, new in carts) no longer prints black ink after the latest software up(down?)grad

I also can not print black since the latest software upgrade on the HP B210a.  All new printer cartridges are installed and no black images are produced.

How do I downgrade my firmware to get back a working printer?

DAE

Honor Student
da_eggert
Message 3 of 10 (557 Views)

Re: HP B210a (Win7, new in carts) no longer prints black ink after the latest software up(down?)grad

[ Edited ]

I also can not print black since the latest software upgrade on the HP B210a.  All new printer cartridges are installed and no black images are produced.

I have used only HP Genuine cartridges - both the old and new fail.  Nothing allows the black to print.  The align print and printer status page produce no black.  I check that the vent on the top of the cartridges are clear.

b210a.png 

What was updated in the latest firmware upgrade?  Whatever it was broke my printer.  Less than 1 year old and I have a 2 year warranty under NL law - need to get support to address this issue.

How do I downgrade my firmware to get back a working printer?

DAE

Top Student
Nacre
Message 4 of 10 (551 Views)

Good luck. Is has many months, and no one has yet replied to the original message. I would suggest (a) you get a new, non HP printer, and (b) take a long, warm bath. You may need both of them.

Oh, and I have found that clearing all programs from the printer, re-installing the Win-7 drivers, clearing the printer software, and letting that re-install may solve the problem. You should be able do get it done in a couple of days.

Good luck, and don't expect HP to answer your question.

Student
Johnno1938
Message 5 of 10 (464 Views)

Re: HP B210a (Win7) Monitor Diagnostic Menu

One minute I had my full monitor screen diagnostics menu (ink levels, clean, etc) and the next I have a bland menu which does nothing useful. Now I have to go to the printer. I think I have received an unwanted software update. How can I resolve this? Uninstall printer software and reload? Download HP Print and Scan Doctor? I still have the normal monitor scanner menu, which continues to work normally.

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 6 of 10 (422 Views)

HP B210a (Win7, new in carts) no longer prints black ink after the latest software up(down?)grade.

@Johnno1938 are you using the B210a on a Win 7 computer?
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Top Student
Nacre
Message 7 of 10 (419 Views)

[ Edited ]

I would love to provide a kudo for you. Let's see. More than a year after my attempt to resolve the problem, other than your e-mail asking for a kudo, I have neither seen nor heard anything from HP or it's representatives. With service like this, I doubt that I would ever buy an HP product again. The problem was fixed after yet another involuntary upgrade to the printer firmware, of which I was never notified.

Is that what you were looking for?

Thank you every so much much for all your help.

Phillip {Personal Information Removed}

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 8 of 10 (403 Views)

Sorry for the confusion. That is my signature. I was tryi...

Sorry for the confusion. That is my signature. I was trying to get in touch with another user, but I'm glad the firmware update got the printer printing again. I'm sorry it took so long for someone from HP to get in touch with you. I do work for HP, but I'm not a direct representative. I try to find problems like this one before they get out of hand, but some slip through the cracks. I'm very sorry that this was one of those problems. If any of the other users that were having this problem still are, I would like to help them get it fixed. I am very sorry for the disappointment.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Top Student
Nacre
Message 9 of 10 (397 Views)

Re: Sorry for the confusion. That is my signature. I was tryi...

No problem. So, I will keep the clock running, but it is well over a year since I posted the problem. What this probably means is the HP (not you, but the person who should do the replying, if there actually is one), will never, ever reply.

Like I said, I doubt that I would ever recommend or buy another HP product ever again.

You might pass this along to whoever is supposed to handle this kind of thing. Or, if (as I suspect) they don't exist, just don't bother.

Thanks again.

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 10 of 10 (392 Views)

I have sent your comments to the right people. Someone will be in contact with you soon. They will use the Private Message feature of the forums to contact you. If you are not sure how to use this feature, please see the following post.

How To Send A Private Message – Video:
http://goo.gl/6o7yZ
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation