Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP 309a - Photosmart - Up-to-date drivers, New ink too. Cleaned print head with alcohol wipes. Will not print. Control panel screen displays HP logo for about 7 seconds, then the display turns blue with white letters/numbers : C2FE0100, then same panel turns white but 7 panel lights flash. Flashing lights are on the exclamination mark, red eye removal, print photo, auto answer, power button, wireless network indicator and bluetooth indicator lights. Only way printer will turn off and on is by unplugging from power source. Printer makes no sounds when power is connected. Managed to print 2 test papers and they looked ok. Ran the HP Print Diagnostic Tool during that approximate 7 second moment before everything started blinking and according to it:, "No problems were found for HP C309a Series." Utility checks: Connectivity, Spooler, Driver, Device Mgr., Printer Online, Device Status, Print Queue, Conflicts, and Default Printer. Purchased March 2010. Within 10 days of purchase, had print head problems and it was replaced. Different error code received then. 2 Weeks from end of semester...not a cool time for printer failure!

32 REPLIES 32
HP Recommended

hi i have the same problem, did you get ur one fixed and if yes how? pleaase ur reply will be appreciated

HP Recommended

I too have the same problem, is it fixable????

HP Recommended

Hi there,

I understand you're having some issues with your Photosmart C309A giving an error and flashing lights. I will certainly do my best to help you with this.

Generally the error that you all are describing is caused by the firmware of the printer. The first thing I'd like you to try though, if it isn't already, is to plug the printer directly to a wall outlet to make sure it's getting all the power it needs to function properly.

Please let me know if this step changes anything, if not we will move on to a reset of the product. Have a great day!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thankyou for your help but we are still broken!!! Is it possible to buy a new mother board for my printer, I guess that is what a firmware problem means?

Once again thankyou.

David Cameron

HP Recommended

Hi there,

I have sent you a private message with some instructions. Before trying said steps, please read the HP privacy statement: http://bit.ly/pCUQT7

Thank you!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Originally, I wanted to use the AIO as a network device.  Print from anywhere within earshot of the wireless radio.

A couple of weeks ago, maybe after I replaced a cart, the AIO went into error and all lights blink and I have to power cycle the AIO.  The reset seems successful for about 5 minutes and the process repeats.  I gave the the master reset where I had to reprogram the AIO from the beginning and the problem persists.  5 minutes power cycle, 5 minutes power cycle, 5 minutes power cycle.....

I started to turn things off and I found when the wireless function and BT radios were OFF, it was stable and it printed fine.  I had to print from a memory card, but it was fine.  

I got a idea that it was the wireless at the root so I hooked it to my wired network.  Back to the old problems.  So it's a little deeper than wireless, it is networking altogether.

What can I do, short of taking the AIO off the network?

Eric [edited personal information by moderator]

As I think more about it, this is my second C309A.  There was a problem with the first and this one was it's replacement direct from HP.  Not really sure of the date, but I see i have been registered from Dec 2010, so i'm guessing my printer, like another's from this forum thread was from 2010.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm having the same problem, and plugging directly into a power suppy didn't work. Could I please get the same info. on how to resolve this?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi @EEAndersen ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I needed to edit some personal information present in your post. From our Rules of Participation:

Protect privacy - yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Don't post contact or other personal information-your own or anyone else's-or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent. For example, don’t post your computer’s serial # or contact information publicly, and do not allow someone you don’t know to remotely take control of your computer.

If you need people to contact you directly, either ask them to send you a private message or subscribe to the thread so you will be notified when there are replies. You may also click on your name anywhere in the forum and you will be taken to your profile page, where you can find a list of threads you have participated in.

Sharing personal email addresses, telephone numbers, and last names is not allowed for your safety. If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message in reply.

Thank you
George

I work for HP
HP Recommended

@ HP Support Agent:

Hi,

I'm having the same problem, and plugging directly into a power suppy didn't work. Could I please get the same info. you sent to others via private message on how to resolve this?

Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.