Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi @ryujin and welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you are having a similar problem with your printer. Assuming you also have a Photosmart C309a, I would be happy to send you the reset instructions I sent to the previous person on this thread 🙂

Please just read this HP Privacy Statement before checking your forums inbox for the reset instructions.

Hope this helps 🙂

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Oops! No, mine is actually a c309g, so I don't have any buttons besides the power button and the soft buttons on the touch screen. But it is the exact same problem. Are there different reset instructions for this model?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply ryujin!

That is good information to know 🙂 And yes, there is a reset for the C309G as well, it's just done a little differently, so I will private message you that reset now!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same problem with my C309a. Can I have the reset instructions please. Thanks.

Sasseva

HP Recommended

Oh, wait. Now I got it to work. So it went through the reset process, and I had to go through initialization and general settings like the printer was new. It worked fine for about 10 min., then the same problem happened again--all lights and touchscreen blinking after very briefly showing blue screen with C2FE0100 error code.

Help!

HP Recommended

Hi @Sasseva and welcome to the HP forums!

I would be happy to send you the reset, please check your inbox for instructions once you've read this HP Privacy Statement 🙂

I'm sorry to hear @ryujin that the reset didn't work, but with that screen returning the same error it means this is an issue with the printer and you will need to look into getting an upgrade. You can call HP Tech Support and inquire about their trade in and trade up program if you're interested in another HP 🙂

Hope this helps you both, have a great day!!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Same issue.  Please provide reset fix.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi @graysteel and welcome to the HP Forums!

I have sent you the partial resent for your c309a printer, I will just ask that you read this HP Privacy Statement before performing the reset, thanks!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi, i'm also having the same problem. Please can you send me the instructions.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi @Cheryl987654 and welcome to the HP Forums!

In doing a bit more research, I have found a document for the partial reset.

For anyone looking to perform a partial reset, that has tried all other steps first, please follow this Performing a Partial Reset document.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.