Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, 

I am having these issues too and I was wondering how to fix it? Thanks.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the information.  The partial reset worked temporarily.  The printer is now having the same issue and the reset isn't solving the problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Mine is the same. Partial reset works temporarily but then goes back to the flashing lights. Is there anything else I can do or do I need to buy a new printer?

Thanks

C

HP Recommended

Thanks for keeping me in the loop 🙂

I'm sorry to say that yes, if the issue keeps returning, it may be time to look into upgrading the printer. In some areas HP Tech Support can offer a discount on a trade in (a newer unit) so I would contact them first to see if they can offer any sort of deal that may work for you and your printing needs.

Hope you both have a great week!

mostache.JPG

In support of Movember

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hello, 

I am having the same issue, except that the blue screen is throwing different codes every time: C2FE016F, C2FE016E and others. I have tried the partial reset with no success. Please advise. 

HP Recommended

I am also having the same problem.  Can I please get the reset instructions.  My printer is a C309a.  Thank you.

HP Recommended
Update: HP support diagnosed the printer dead and I had to buy another one. Plus I asked where could I take it for recycling and the person that was helping me didn't have an answer. I was surprised HP doesn't take the responsibility for the recycling of its own products.
HP Recommended

Hi bruna916 & KellyKufa and welcome to the HP Forums!

@bruna916 - I am sorry to hear that the person you spoke to wasn't aware of HP's recycling program, but there is indeed one in place, so again my apologies! Click on the following link to see details: Product return and recycling.

@KellyKufa - You can find the steps for a reset in this Performing a Partial Reset document. If those steps don't resolve the issue and you continue to get the same message I'd recommend calling our technical support team and see what type of offer they may have for an upgraded printer.

Hope that helps you both, but please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns 🙂

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
I am having the same issue. Can you help?
HP Recommended

Hi all!

@MissTeriLynn, I am also having the same problem. Can I please get the reset instructions. My printer is a C309a and I have C2FE0100 Error code. Thank you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.