Question

Honor Student
ManishC
Message 1 of 4 (329 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP C4180 Printer Cartridge Error (Regionalisation)

I've recently moved from HK (Hong Kong) to UK (United Kingdom). I bought my printer in HK, subsequent to my move I've bought new HP original printer cartridges, in the UK, they are not accepted by the printer which produces the error "One or both print cartridges are not intended for use in this printer".

The cartridges are (expensive) HP originals and reading online suggests that this seems to be because of regionalisation codes. But there is no way I can find to update the regionalisation code.

Whats the solution to this, it must be an obvious problem that the support team has come across and one that should be automated and easy to resolve.

Regards, Manish

Please dont say one of the following :-)

1) Change printers !

2) Pay for support ! (for a working product?)

Intern
Top_Gun
Message 2 of 4 (321 Views)

Re: HP C4180 Printer Cartridge Error (Regionalisation)

[ Edited ]

Dear ManishC,

Please contact HP UK Technical Support to have your printer regionalized, please insist that the ink you are using is in warranty and Tech Support will help. If you are still having problems please let me know.

Here is a link to all Technical Support numbers in UK
http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html

For your model use 0844 369 0369

Thanks,

Tom

I work for HP.
Honor Student
ManishC
Message 3 of 4 (302 Views)

Thanks Tom, called HP as you outlined and they regionalised the printer

Some tips that came out of the call that maybe worth keeping in mind. Putting them out here for anyone that searches on this topic,

1) Keeping your old (country) cartridges around maybe useful. In my case I'm not sure it was useful

2) You cant actually do the whole process yourself and it needs someone from HP to help and it seems to be printer specific.

3) the process involves going through a (special service) menu on the printer (with old cartridges loaded). And reading out a bunch of number and letter. there are then used to generate a code which you type into your computer. No point elaborating here the technician will help you.

4) The whole thing should take 10-15 mins max, if it goes smoothly

Intern
Top_Gun
Message 4 of 4 (300 Views)

Manish,

Glad you got the issue resolved and thank you for providing extra tips :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Tom

I work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation