Question

Honor Student
SRGoble
Message 1 of 8 (1,730 Views)

HP C6380 Printer won't print black

My printer won't print black even when I changed the "black" cartridge. The photo "black" cartidge is depleted as well. Does this cartidge have to have ink as well even though I am not printing photos? Is there a way to disable this cartridge? seems like a waste of ink if just printing documents.

Feedback greatly appreciated.

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 2 of 8 (1,712 Views)

Re: HP C6380 Printer won't print black

Printers with a separate printhead and ink cartridges need all the cartridges to print. If they were allowed to print in black ink only the printhead which would be expecting to pull ink out of the empty cartridges when servicing the printer would get air instead of ink and could clog the printheads on the machine or dry them out.  For futher reading on the all the ways inkjet printers use inl to service the printer here is a link. http://h10060.www1.hp.com/pageyield/en-019/articles/howInkIsUsed.html?cCode=us

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Honor Student
ldw1927
Message 3 of 8 (1,598 Views)

I had the same problem with my HP C6380. I tried washing the printer head twice and no help.

So with nothing to lose I tried good old  WD40. I sprayed in where the ink heads sets, wiped off

the head of excess WD40, cleaned contacts, put head and ink back in.PRINTS LIKE NEW.

Good Luck

Grad Student
aks3621
Message 4 of 8 (1,577 Views)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01497968&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3560280&tmp...

Please follow the above link to solve the issue with the black ink. This should help.

I am an employee of HP.

**Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left**

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.*

Student
martruj91
Message 5 of 8 (1,534 Views)

I have a C6380 All-in-One and it won't print; Tried all the suggestions but the alignment says "Alignment Failed", tried cleaning printheads and the prints is still fuzzy. I have new HP cartridges but can't get my printer to work.  Please some one HELP!

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 6 of 8 (1,505 Views)

@martruj91- Here is a link that addresses the alignment failed error that you are getting on the printer for you to try in addition to the document for fuzzy printer that aks3621 supplied.  This document will provide additional steps that were not in the other one such as manual cleaning of the printhead and how to do a hard reset on the printer. I hope that this helps. 

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Honor Student
ldw1927
Message 7 of 8 (1,496 Views)

I also HP answers and none worked, I then again took out the printer head and got out my spray can of WD40. I sprayed the screens where the ink sets looked clean. Wiped the head off and put back into printer. Instaled ink, run head cleaner, and now my printer runs like new. GOOD LUCK!

LDW

Student
Radar4U
Message 8 of 8 (395 Views)

I tried WD 40 in a last ditch effort per your sugestion and it went back to printing. Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation