Question

Tutor
Kevpearl
Message 1 of 2 (1,786 Views)

HP C7280 Print head cleaning

I have a HP Photosmart C7280 all in one printer which I am runing through windows vista. The printer would not work because it was posting an error message "Ink system failure" Error 0xc19a0027. I have looked at and tried all of the suggestions and found that I was able to finally get the printer up and running through it's paces only to find that there was no ink on the pages. I assume that my print head is clogged. When I search print head I have discovered that this unit has cartridges. Is there a way of servicing the print head either by cleaning or replacing the print head? If so where can I recieve the instructions or directions to service my print head? I have tried to go through the menu to clean the print heads and nothing happens. I am open to any suggestions of directions!!!

Top Student
P_Penduko
Message 2 of 2 (1,777 Views)

Re: HP C7280 Print head cleaning

Hi,

Try this steps if this would help:

1.Disconnect the Universal Serial Bus (USB) cable from the back of the product, but leave the product turned on or if you have a wireless connectivity you can just continue to the next step.
2.Open the ink access door and remove all the print cartridges.
3.Close the cover and wait for the Insert Ink Cartridges message to display.
4.Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product and the wall socket, then wait for one minute.
5.Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button.
6.Open the cover and reinsert the print cartridges.
7.Close the cover. If prompted, print a calibration page.
8.Print a Self Test to verify product is functional.
9.Reconnect the USB cable, and try to print from the computer.
10.If the error is still there you might need to buy a new printer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation