Question

Student
Alexashkin
Message 1 of 4 (303 Views)

HP D7263 read new full cartridge as empty

Hello!

I didn't use my printer HP Photosmart D7263 for a year and now decide to use it again. I boght knew original cartridges, because old expired. But printer give an error 0xc18a0206 Ink System Failure. I found on forum how to clear Hardware failure status and did it. Error was fixed, but now 2 of new cartridges printer see as empty. I tried to turn of power and put off and put in cartridges again but it didn't help. PLEASE HELP

Grad Student
MaryChris
Message 2 of 4 (290 Views)

Re: HP D7263 read new full cartridge as empty

Hi Alexashkin,

Leaving it off for that long without using can cause problems with the ink delivery system inside the printer. If the printer was turned off by using the power button, the printer will "park" the cartridges and the printhead's nozzles in such a way that they are capped and protected. However, ink will still dry out and if the printer was turned off by using a power strip or switch, the problem can be worse.

You can try cleaning the printhead as detailed in the instructions linked below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01066947&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...=

As it says, the routine might have to be done a few times to completely clear the nozzles. If you can get the ink flowing, you could just print a few things that don't need good quality print and let the automatic cleaning do the rest?

Hope that helps, if it doesn't the printer might need to be serviced or you might consider seeing if there is a trade-in program available to get a newer model, since this is an older printer:

http://www.hp.com/united-states/emr/index.html?jumpid=go/green

Best of luck,
Mary

{I work on HP's behalf}
Student
Nabrex
Message 3 of 4 (101 Views)

Cyan was empty. i replaced it and i still get: ink cartridges empty - to print in color install: Cyan.

when i press 'self-test report' from the tools menu of the printer touch screen  it prints all colors perfectly.

when i print a 'test page' or 'diagnostic page' from the "HP Photosmart D7200 series Toolbox" it also works fine.

Grad Student
MaryChris
Message 4 of 4 (80 Views)

Not sure what is happening. You might try turning the printer off and then on. If that doesn't work, you could try a reset:

To reset the printer: 

1. Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product.
  2. With the product turned on , disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
  3. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  4. Wait at least 15 seconds.
  5. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
  7. If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button ( ) to turn it on.
Best of luck,
Mary

{I work on HP's behalf}
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation