Question

Student
skinsey
Message 1 of 2 (131 Views)

HP Designjet 130NR Problems

Hi,

We are having problems with out HP Design Jet 130NR. Last week during a print run the plotter stopped working and was constatly beeping, the cause of which I reckon was down to an non-genuine black cartridge failing. We have replaced the cartrige with a genuine HP cartridge and this is recognised however our yellow/magenta/light magenta are showing as empty - these appear as 'unknown' on the system maintenance report.

So I got a copy of the service manual and stripped down the right hand side of the printer and there was some black ink which had leaked through to the absorbing foam below the ink supply system. I have used contact cleaner to clean all cartridge contacts but to no avail. I have tried doing all the resetting/repriming noted in the service manual but it continually fails to recognise the cartridges.

All cartridges in the plotter are at least 50% full, and all geniune HP.

Since 3 out of 6 cartidges are no being recognised I am presuming ink damage to the ink supply system will be causing this? Therefore could I presume that replacing this should solve the problem? or should there be anything else I should be looking at?

Below is a copy of the system maintaince log (blanked out ip etc for privacy), if this sheds any light on possible faults:

system maintenance-1.jpg

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 2 (108 Views)

Re: HP Designjet 130NR Problems

This forum is focused on consumer level products.  For the Designjet you may have better results posting in the HP Designjet forum here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation