Question

Honor Student
SoCal90
Message 1 of 5 (278 Views)

HP Deskjet 1010 Printer black in cartridge 61W "incompatible"?

Today, I installed the HP Deskjet 1010 Printer Series Printer I had ordered from Amazon.

Along with my printer, IN the HP box, were included two HP ink cartridges: a color and a black one.

The HP Deskjet 1010 Printer uses 61W ink cartridges. The two ink cartridges included with my printer are 61W. 

However, for some odd reason, whenever I try to print a document, the pop-up on my screen says that the black ink cartridge is incompatibe with my printer. How can this be??? Not only is the cartridge the correct 61W, IT WAS INCLUDED IN THE BOX WITH MY PRINTER FROM THE FACTORY TO BEGIN WITH!!!

Can some please help shed some light on this? I thought, perhaps, I didn't put the cartridge in correctly, or didn't press it in enough, so I took it out and put it back in, making sure it in correctly. This did nothing. I double checked that placed the color and black cartridges in the correct places, and I had.  What is going on??

george-p
Message 2 of 5 (263 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 1010 Printer black in cartridge 61W "incompatible"?

Hi @SoCal90 ,

I have sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your private messages then this post has instructions that will guide you through the process.

Regards,
George

I work for HP
Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 3 of 5 (247 Views)

Hi SoCal90

So you've already checked that the tape is removed, and that the cartridge is seated into the printer properly. Any luck if you clean the cartridge contacts?

Figure 68: Clean the area around the ink nozzleImage: The ink nozzle and cartridge contacts

1 - Nozzle plate - DO NOT CLEAN
2 - Area surrounding ink nozzle - Do clean
3 - Cartridge contacts - DO NOT CLEAN

I'd advise calling HP Phone Support as you may require a replacement. You can first check the Warranty Ends Date on the cartridge (YYYY/MM/DD). Can you please let us know how you get on?

Thanks, Ciara

Wty ends dates.jpg
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Student
knowe
Message 4 of 5 (167 Views)

hi can you help me how to install the ink cartridge without cd?thanks

HP Support Agent
RnRMusicMan
Message 5 of 5 (153 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi knowe,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

To install your ink cartridges please see this guide. Replacing the Cartridges.

If you are looking for software that you can use without the CD, please visit the drivers page at this website. HP Deskjet 1010 Printer Drivers.

Hope this is what you are looking for, if you have any further issues please let me know! :smileyhappy:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation