HP Deskjet 2050 All-in-One Printer - J510a (1518 Views)
Student
Lucky0207
Message 1 of 4 (1,518 Views)

HP Deskjet 2050 All-in-One Printer - J510a

[ Edited ]

I owned HP Deskjet 2050 All-in-One Printer - J510a since July/08/2012. For this printer i used 802 Small Black cartridge(CH561ZZ#XCF, 30P).  Problem is, within 2 weeks 2 cartridge get over, but the quantity of page print,copy is nearly 65 pages in first week and 50 pages in second week. But ideally the amount of page print should goes upto 120 pages. So I just want to know, is ink used by the printer is in proper quantity or some other problem is there with my printer. Please advice, how can i check.

If possible then please send your representative to my home.

Thanks & Regards,

Lokesh

Mobile : {Personal Information Removed}

Master's Graduate
KennyB3
Message 2 of 4 (1,496 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 2050 All-in-One Printer - J510a

Cartridge tips
• Use genuine HP ink cartridges.
• Install both the black and tri-color cartridges correctly.

Paper loading tips
• Load a stack of paper (not just one page). All of the paper in the stack should be the
same size and type to avoid a paper jam.

Printer settings tips
• On the Paper/Quality tab of the print driver, select the appropriate paper type and
quality from the Media drop down menu.
• Click the Advanced button, and select the appropriate Paper Size from the Paper/
Output drop-down menu.

NOTE:While in the printer settings, change the quality from normal to draft to reduce the amount of ink the printer uses and print faster

• You can print your document on both sides of the paper, instead of just one side.
Click the Advanced button on the Paper/Quality or Layout tab. From
the Pages to Print drop-down menu select Print Odd Pages Only. Click OK to
print. After the odd numbered pages of the document have been printed, remove
the document from the output tray. Reload the paper in the input tray with the
blank side facing up. Return to the Pages to Print drop-down menu and then
select Print Even Pages Only. Click OK to print.

• Print using black ink only
If you want to print a black and white document using black ink only, click
the Advanced button. From the Print in Grayscale drop-down menu select
Black Ink Only, then click the OK button. If you see Black and White as an option
on the Paper/Quality tab or the Layout tab, select it.

These are just the settings I pulled, to see more click here for the HP Deskjet 2050 All-in-One series User Manual.

Click the Kudos on the left side for helping and click Accept as Solution for providing a solution. I work for HP.

Best Regards,
Kenneth
Honor Student
lmsfinally
Message 3 of 4 (1,423 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 2050 All-in-One Printer - J510a

Like the previous person, I am having the same problem. I got rid of my last printer because the ink was becoming so costly. I was really excited at the cost of the ink (and printer) until I've had to purchase 3 black ink cartridges within in the couple of months. I am also getting no more than 50-60 copies from each ink cartridge due to the fact that I cannot decrease the amount of ink being used. I DREAD pdf files because I can't change all of the colors to purple or blue so I can save my blue ink.

Printing in grayscale, etc, is not increasing the output. Is this a problem with the hp cartridges? Should I try a different brand that won't cost me so much. I am seriously thinking of purchasing another name brand.

Help!
lmsfinally

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 4 of 4 (1,423 Views)

HP Deskjet 2050 All-in-One Printer - J510a

What printer are you using?

What OS are you using?

How is the printer connected to the computer?
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation