Question

Student
Dragonomine
Message 1 of 4 (567 Views)

HP Deskjet 3510 black in not printing

Hi everyone!  My son was given this printer (new) from his cyber school.  We set it up (it came with the HP ink already) and it doesn't print in black ink.  Actually, when I first tried to print something it came out what I'm guessing is grayscale. So I went into advanced properties and put in black ink only.  I didn't see a color option?  ink.jpg

Okay so I put it on that and try to print and it doesn't print at all.  Suggestions?

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 2 of 4 (549 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 3510 black in not printing

Hello Dragonomine! Welcome to the forums:smileylol:

I read your post about how your sons new Deskjet 3015 will not print in black ink. I will certainly give you my best suggestions for this issue!

I would suggest that you try all of the steps listed in this recommend guide for the problem you're having with the black not printing:

Fixing Ink Streaks, Faded Prints, and Other Common Print Quality Problems

If you have tried all of the steps and the black ink is still not printing, contact HP directly for your next option with them. They may see fit a replacement unit.

If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and for all other regions: click here.

Thank you for visiting and posting in the forums!

Have a wonderful Thursday:smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Student
drchristiansen
Message 3 of 4 (38 Views)

Operating System: Windows 7

I used the phone number above to try to get support for the same issue.  My printer was purchased in March, 2013 for $90.  The representative told me, after taking 5 minutes to get all my personal information that it would cost me $24.99 to trouble shoot my problem since the printer is no longer under warranty.  

Exactly when did asking for phone support become associated with a fee?  I expected better from HP.  I will be looking for a new printer, from another company.

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 4 of 4 (11 Views)

Operating System: Windows 7

Hello @drchristiansen ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.
If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions

Regards,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation