Question

Honor Student
Valeria
Message 1 of 4 (3,559 Views)

HP Deskjet F2430 Not Printing In Black

It's like the black ink cartridge isn't even there. The estimated ink level is about half full, so it should have plenty to be printing with. The color cartridge works ok, it's just the black. I can't find anything about how to resolve this anywhere. Help please? =( Thank you in advance.

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 2 of 4 (3,529 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet F2430 Not Printing In Black

Hi

Have you tried running a cartridge clean?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01418785&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3964426&tmp...

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
Valeria
Message 3 of 4 (3,520 Views)

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I appreciate you. However, I am afraid I have indeed tried that step. My printer has a feature that allows for 3 "levels" of cleaning - a basic cleaning, an intermediate cleaning, and priming. I've done them all multiple times and it has not helped. =(

Grad Student
lanz
Message 4 of 4 (3,510 Views)

Hi,

pls try this one...

click the link below...

How to Manually clean the contact points of the ink cartridges/ carriage

Thanks!

Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
Happy Troubleshooting : )
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation