Question

Honor Student
saholden
Message 1 of 4 (730 Views)

HP Deskjet F4280 Won't Print Color - only b/w

Hey everyone,

I'm having a slight issue with my printer. I have the F4280 deskjet that prints color and b/w. I've had this printer for 5 years now so it is getting old. I used it for my macbook in university and recently brought it to my workplace where I am on a PC. I had my IT team install the printer (which took a while because of many complications on the network). Now it won't print in color... The IT team is saying it's a printer issue and not the computer/network. I've tried two different cartridges - one with the sticker still on it. I bought the cartridges in 2013, not sure if they dry up that quickly.

Would like some assistance to this issue please :smileyhappy:

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 2 of 4 (704 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet F4280 Won't Print Color - only b/w

Hi saholden,

I understand you can't print in color since setting up the printer on the network at work.

I will be happy to help you.

Print a hardware test page to find out if it is hardware or software related.

HP Deskjet F4280 All-in-One Printer support.

Check the printer driver settings to make sure grayscale isn't selected.

Printed Images Are Fuzzy, Blurry, Jagged, Patchy, or Grainy. Disregard the title.

Go to Step two: Check the print settings.

Try another application to see if it prints in color.

If you require further help please provide the following information so I can assist you better.

Did the self test print with color?

Did they install the Full Feature Driver? (to find out just go to start, all programs and you should have a HP folder listed)

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.
Have a wonderful day!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
saholden
Message 3 of 4 (700 Views)

Hi Gemini02,

I tried printing a self-test page and it wouldn't print one using those buttons. I held down the "color" green button and the cancel button and it printed an error report. I also checked the driver settings and it says its printing in color. I don't think they installed a full feature driver because it was taking so long. Initally when we went to install the program we downloaded it from your website and the file was corrupt. It was make it to 87% and say error. So, I brought in my CD and we tried that. It was slow so they asked if I really needed the scanner feature and I said not necessarily so I think that means they didn't install the full feature driver.

The error report said:

HP Deskjet F4200 Series

Serial #: CN9555H0BP05BR

Service ID: 19248

FW Revision: KSM2SN0919ER

FLOWS Revision: OFFICIAL

Patch Revision: 20

Total Engine Page Count: 2031

FB Page Count: 0/34

PCL Default Symbol Set: 341

ASIC: 00220404 166B4701_06023017_55DC0000_00000000

Mfg 0-2: 000000000000 T val: 237

Error Code: 00000000

printererror.gif

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 4 of 4 (692 Views)

Hi saholden,

Thank You for providing that information.

I don't think the driver installed properly since the setting for color is set and it still won't print in color.

You can try printing something in color from another application to see if it will print.

I would download and run the Print and Scan Doctor since it might resolve the issue automatically.

Try the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows.

If you are still having issue then I would uninstall and reinstall the CD software again.

Uninstalling the Printer Software.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thank You.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation